Lessons of the Cave

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 weeks ago #232352 by
Lessons of the Cave was created by
I've recently been in contact with Relan, and he and I have reached some understanding.  I know his last message to everyone (through me) was not well received, so I was asked to take his recent message and edit it, putting it in my own words.

I realize this is not a message most people want to hear, and so I am not pressing it.  Take it or leave it.  Agree or disagree.  You are free to do, or not do, whatever you wish with it.

Warning: Spoiler!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #232377 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Lessons of the Cave
why doesnt he come speak for himself, and why do you keep playing along with this silliness?

People are complicated.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 weeks ago #232382 by
Replied by on topic Lessons of the Cave
I'm a little confused about the message. I'm not really sure what you and he are trying to say. For all that I did not enjoy the last message, I at least feel it was clear.

Am I the only one that doesn't get it?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 weeks ago #232406 by
IMHO I think it would be best if Relan speak for himself. The only thing I don't understand is why he doesn't?

Am I missing something?

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #232430 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Lessons of the Cave

Being a Jedi is not about the label, it is about the relationship, being one with the Force and knowing its will.

That would depend on ones understanding of Jediism I think.

Humility is the key, to eliminate the "I" as much as possible. One's reputation is not important, not relevant. Sometimes it is even necessary to return to one's original name, to forget the Jedi-related alias. Find the meaning of your real name. You may find it is more true to who you are than the one you chose when you came here.

The first sentence... true… as for the rest, I don’t know.

Being gentle with those who we know are on the dark path will not turn them away from the shadows. We must be firm. The caterpillar must break it's own sack, or die.

Often times our gentleness is mistaken for weakness. This would not be a wise course for anyone. The caterpillar must break free of its cocoon as a chick or an alligator must free itself from its egg. But it is not firmness or strength that accomplishes the task but rather persistence. ;)

Impartation is a very serious, dangerous thing.

I have yet to be convinced it is impartation of a symbol so much as it is the belief in the symbol that has the ability to cause strong responses.

Sidious understood that looking at both aspects for knowledge would bring darkness and confusion. Plagueis knew balance would bring death and confusion. Irvine understood that duel knowledge leads to a uncontrollable hatred and war in the inner self. Shinobi, the ways of energy ball power. Yet these are the very things that are being taught.
All things without balance or discipline can cause emotional strife. I do not believe this interpretation of causality is correct.

A Jedi doesn't attack, they defend. They use the powers made by the Counts of this world and allow their evil to manifest on themselves. The katana is put away, only unleashed when evil casts the shadow. Take off the Sabres from your belts, put away the kiber crystals. Place them back in the chest. Live a serving life by being an example in your place. Eat healthy, take away the profane things. When a friend falls, they all rush to lift up. This is the path you should seek..

I do not believe this applies to TotJO.

Put away the fancy robes and put on the simple garments. Spend time praying about your life and clean it. Spend time with the community within. When righted, that body will be manifested to the outside world.

Good message, but prayer is not the term I would have chosen; meditate. :)

Monastic Order of Knights

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 weeks ago #232437 by

Often times our gentleness is mistaken for weakness.

This is a mistake often made :) thank you Wes for what i was trying to put into words and could not find them ..

More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #232452 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Lessons of the Cave

I realize this is not a message most people want to hear, and so I am not pressing it. Take it or leave it. Agree or disagree. You are free to do, or not do, whatever you wish with it.

As far as I can see this message should have been a journal post, since it's original author apparently is not interested in coming here to discuss it.

I cannot see it's relevance to us.. so I'll be leaving it.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by Edan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben, , , OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 weeks ago #232481 by
Interesting.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #232495 by

Goken wrote: I'm a little confused about the message. I'm not really sure what you and he are trying to say. For all that I did not enjoy the last message, I at least feel it was clear.

Am I the only one that doesn't get it?

You aren't the only one. It feels like it's been fed through too many translators or something.

I'm filing this as TMS: Too Much Sugar ;)
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 weeks ago #232563 by
Replied by on topic Re:Lessons of the Cave
The whole things seems, to me, like a ramble aimed at Jedi who are pure role players or attack other and things of that nature. As people like dean said, it doesn't seem to apply to us. I think it is best to just leave it be, and hope that the writer of these such things come and speak to us himself. Whether this be a journal post, a chat room discussion, or a forum. This whole using a messenger thing just isn't really working well for either side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi