Being Jedi, What Does It Mean To You?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #126221 by

Whyte Horse wrote: To me it's a form of spiritual enlightenment. An inner journey to the depths of discovery about who we are; our dreams, our passions, our loves, our spirit.

THAT is something along the lines I was looking for! :)

I like it, simple, not as intrinsic and complicated as I made mine, there's beauty in that.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #126222 by

Whyte Horse wrote: What is service? Fellowship?
Service and fellowship have different meanings to different people. My personal favorite is the people who dress up as superheroes and go around and ask people how they can help. I'd probably be down for something like that in my spare time. Or even building tiny homes for houseless people.

So what if they mean different things to different people? I don't think you answered my question.

More
10 years 5 months ago #126228 by Whyte Horse

Connor Lidell wrote:

Whyte Horse wrote: What is service? Fellowship?
Service and fellowship have different meanings to different people. My personal favorite is the people who dress up as superheroes and go around and ask people how they can help. I'd probably be down for something like that in my spare time. Or even building tiny homes for houseless people.

So what if they mean different things to different people? I don't think you answered my question.

The answer to your question is: I don't know.

Jediism is a spiritual movement. People form associations based on their mutual interests. People come and go. As long as there are people with common interests in a spiritual movement, there will be Jediism.

Now, if you had a temple where people live together and live their lives openly as Jedi...

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Archon

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #126229 by

Whyte Horse wrote: The answer to your question is: I don't know.

Jediism is a spiritual movement. People form associations based on their mutual interests. People come and go. As long as there are people with common interests in a spiritual movement, there will be Jediism.

Now, if you had a temple where people live together and live their lives openly as Jedi...

No argument there.

More
10 years 5 months ago #126246 by Adder

OrvisOrenn wrote: So here is my question; What is your version of the code (if any), and what does being a Jedi mean to you?

For me the Jedi code is a version to reflect context inwards to forge a single concept which align's the person in some way to the 'Force'. The idea being a more detailed version would enable a more focused but less agile interpretation, and likewise, a less detailed code allows a loose connection but more open to changing circumstances. So for me, the Force (awareness/connection etc) is the goal, and the code is just a few words to center and orient oneself to it - but I'd assume it can be found everywhere given the appropriate perspective.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #126361 by

Adder wrote:
For me the Jedi code is a version to reflect context inwards to forge a single concept which align's the person in some way to the 'Force'. The idea being a more detailed version would enable a more focused but less agile interpretation, and likewise, a less detailed code allows a loose connection but more open to changing circumstances. So for me, the Force (awareness/connection etc) is the goal, and the code is just a few words to center and orient oneself to it - but I'd assume it can be found everywhere given the appropriate perspective.

Well put Adder. I understand the broadness of the code, I just make my version more clear to my intentions and views on the code. Just a question for you though; what has been the hardest area to improve on for you?

More
10 years 5 months ago #126366 by Adder

OrvisOrenn wrote: Just a question for you though; what has been the hardest area to improve on for you?

What attracted me in a big part to Jediism originally was that the I saw/see the path as being an active process of balanced growth, so my weak areas were sort of wrenched up to the levels of my strengths. The idea being that those weaknesses were holding me back. It sounds obvious I guess, but resting on ones laurels is an easy trap to fall into!! Thus avoiding things I did not 'like' would likely be restricting growth. As an introvert bordering on the neurotic (lol) I really needed to convert my spiritual focus outwards - and that was unfamiliar to me. I was too used to working in small tightly nit teams or with individuals on engineering or computer related tasks, and not random groups socially. I ended up working in real estate sales for a year during 2012 to exercise this as part of my practise.

Personally though the code does not address my weakness as much as the Three Tenets do. I need to pull myself out of too much inner focus and generate better outward wisdom. I like to use the doctrine as a lens to analyse circumstance and it varies from comparison of things in its energetic singular form, then up to dualism (good v bad!?), three components (tenets), five components (code), and then I like to explore other groupings of concepts of seven or other primes, and look for relationships at each level which might translate into those more complex arrangements of increasing complex and specific attributes. No particular reason why I use primes, its just what I choose to do at the moment.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 4 months ago #126439 by

Adder wrote:
What attracted me in a big part to Jediism originally was that the I saw/see the path as being an active process of balanced growth, so my weak areas were sort of wrenched up to the levels of my strengths. The idea being that those weaknesses were holding me back. It sounds obvious I guess, but resting on ones laurels is an easy trap to fall into!! Thus avoiding things I did not 'like' would likely be restricting growth. As an introvert bordering on the neurotic (lol) I really needed to convert my spiritual focus outwards - and that was unfamiliar to me. I was too used to working in small tightly nit teams or with individuals on engineering or computer related tasks, and not random groups socially. I ended up working in real estate sales for a year during 2012 to exercise this as part of my practise.

Personally though the code does not address my weakness as much as the Three Tenets do. I need to pull myself out of too much inner focus and generate better outward wisdom. I like to use the doctrine as a lens to analyse circumstance and it varies from comparison of things in its energetic singular form, then up to dualism (good v bad!?), three components (tenets), five components (code), and then I like to explore other groupings of concepts of seven or other primes, and look for relationships at each level which might translate into those more complex arrangements of increasing complex and specific attributes. No particular reason why I use primes, its just what I choose to do at the moment.

I must say that's an interesting way to start analyzing things. Kind of like focusing on one point and spreading one's vision out wider.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi