Another UFO post.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 week ago #103456 by
Replied by on topic Re: Another UFO post.
Wendaline, you melt my cold black heart :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 week ago #103459 by
:laugh: You're too funny!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #103466 by
I rarely share acts of random kindness commited by me because I don't do it for the attention but this is one I felt you should hear about.

I once had a friend who did not judge on looks, he didn't care if you were black, white, gay, straight, male, female, transexual, anything at all, if he loved you, he loved you it was genuinely as simple as that, he wasn't the smartest guy either, he reminded me a lot of Lenny from "Of Mice and Men" one day he got into a relationship with a transsexual, his parents didn't agree with this, they hated the idea of him dating a "lady boy" and so they made his life hell, his girlfriend was not allowed to stay at theirs, they constantly gave him verbal abuse and even upped his rent so he could not afford to go see her as often.

I made him an offer that he could move in with me until he could resolve things with his parents in a calm and neutral manner, he declined until a few weeks later when he accepted, he then came to stay with me for a period of about 4 weeks, now this guy was a guy whom I had known for a long time.

I would defend him with my life because he is a decent human being, he does not judge and he'll try his best to be there for you, he has never asked me for a single thing in our entire friendship I've stood up for him because he's too afraid to stand up for himself in case he offends the bully.

Now to me a man who will sit there and take abuse so others don't have to is by far more giving and selfless than a guy who will attack someone weaker than them.

So when you sit there and see the negativity in the world, let me just remind you of one fact.

Good people do not get attention for their good deeds, the world is by far more interested in the gossip of bad people, it's so much easier to believe someone has done a bad thing than it is to believe someone is capable of doing a good thing.
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by .

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #103469 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Re: Another UFO post.
On the Boston tragedy, I read this earlier today and thought that its is pertinant, not only to this thread but to Jedi as a whole

"We look at the horrors of Boston today, and we're again shaken to our core.

Throughout our history, there have always been monsters among us, their terrible deeds searing us with confusion and pain. They've peppered our history books and our headlines with terrible acts done for terrible reasons, and they will always be among us.

But I will not give them this day.

I give today to those who could have run from the chaotic scene, but instead broke through barriers and rushed to the sides of total strangers in pain. I give today to the paramedics, police, firefighters and physicians who worked to heal what another had so horribly hurt. I give today to the communities, both physical and online, working to find avenues that might provide financial and emotional support to the wounded and grieving. I give today to the best of us.

It is a terrible day. But when I look at humankind, I will not define it by the anonymous cowards bent on destruction and chaos. I will define it by so many more who demonstrated something beautiful in the face of so much ugliness.

To the good, the compassionate, the brave, the helpful, the kind, the loving and the generous...I give the day to you."

And then theres this sort of thing,
http://www.ted.com/talks/steven_pinker_on_the_myth_of_violence.html

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by Brenna. Reason: Spelling!
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 week ago #103504 by

Amos_Tzao wrote: You could be Al-Qaeda, or you can be the old man across the street, .

*sighs* I remember the time I once stole mail from the old guy across the street, it was junk mail, a cloudy day and not a tear was wept for his junk mail. :P

but I agree with Zenchi, bystanders who do nothing are just as pathetic, we aren't the weakest species, what are we comparing it to? the alpha male system of greed and betrayal in wolves? the chemicals shark mothers spray on the babies that gives them one minute to flee and leave before the mother kills them? this is in every species, animals are capable of things from homosexuality to murder as are humans, so don't start going on that humanity is evil, everything is evil, but to add to that, humanity is also good and everything is good.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
11 years 1 week ago #103506 by Brenna

sidvkili wrote:

Amos_Tzao wrote: You could be Al-Qaeda, or you can be the old man across the street, .

*sighs* I remember the time I once stole mail from the old guy across the street, it was junk mail, a cloudy day and not a tear was wept for his junk mail. :P

but I agree with Zenchi, bystanders who do nothing are just as pathetic, we aren't the weakest species, what are we comparing it to? the alpha male system of greed and betrayal in wolves? the chemicals shark mothers spray on the babies that gives them one minute to flee and leave before the mother kills them? this is in every species, animals are capable of things from homosexuality to murder as are humans, so don't start going on that humanity is evil, everything is evil, but to add to that, humanity is also good and everything is good.

Just because I'm not sure I'm seeing the correlation, how does homosexuality tie in with murder and violence?

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 week ago #103507 by

Brenna wrote:

sidvkili wrote:

Just because I'm not sure I'm seeing the correlation, how does homosexuality tie in with murder and violence?

different ends of the spectrum I was addressing, one is a form of love and devotion that is also a symbol of equal rights and murder and violence is destruction and pain

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
11 years 1 week ago #103508 by Brenna
Ah. Gotcha! I was a bit confused there :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 week ago #103554 by
You COULD continue to critique something that is quite old, OR you COULD write your own, and have people come up with an opinion of their own.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 week ago #103561 by
That's a very good story, and an even better reply. I rarely get those. I thank you for that.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi