Another UFO post.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 11 months ago #103313 by
Another UFO post. was created by
Is it because we are the weakest creatures that have been made, that makes us the most dangerous? Is there a way that we can conquer our own inhibition for power and glory to finally live in peace? Is there a way to finally learn to live in peace with our planet? I think not. We ARE the weakest species put on this planet. The way that we are most dangerous is to be like Hiroshima, Nagasaki, The Trinity Test site, Los Alamos New Mexico. Nukes. That's what makes us dangerous. Perhaps that is why you hear of abductions, just not occurring to most people. Perhaps the E.T.'s and the UFO's have already figured this out. Perhaps it is their way of thinning the herd. Just waiting for us to kill each other off.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 11 months ago #103322 by
Replied by on topic Re: Another UFO post.
Do you study much Amos?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 11 months ago #103331 by

Amos_Tzao wrote: We ARE the weakest species put on this planet.

I think I am somewhat stronger than a Chicken...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 11 months ago #103350 by
Amos, honestly, it seems that you view human beings very cynically, and you seem to have a good deal of anger. This is not necessarily wrong, but it can become very wrong when your cynical and angry views lead to self damage and/or the damage of others. Please, there is no need for that.

If you need someone to chat with, you can send me a private message. Often times, I find that having someone willing to hear a distressed person's views can relieve a lot of the stress. Of course, if you'd rather talk to someone with more experience, you should do that. Also, we have a confidential Temple Hotline where you can express yourself confidentially and peacefully there. In other words, I hope you can talk this over with someone else and gain some perspective. There really is no need to be angry or cynical, etc.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 11 months ago #103387 by
Though I don't agree that we as a species are bad or the weakest, I do understand how a person's weakness could make them dangerous. It makes sense. What does a threatened animal do? It attacks. When we feel vulnerable or weak we don't tend to make the best decisions.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 11 months ago #103399 by
think of it like a team with a leader, in one sense the person who needs to see leadership the most is the leader themselves, all the weaknesses we possess were created out of our accomplishments and strengths so from the same argument, you are the strongest species

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 11 months ago #103432 by
I am not cynical, I just tend to see the bad come out of people in MANY various ways. Do you want proof of what I tell you? Go to Boston. Talk to them about their most recent marathon. That is perhaps an underlying situation of what we're all capable of. You could be Al-Qaeda, or you can be the old man across the street, both are equally capable of such mass devastation and death of their brethren.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #103435 by
Another bleeding heart, just great. I think I approached someone last month with this "woe is me" outlook. So...mankind is evil, weak, and the world's turned to shit. What are you going to do about it, sit back, gripe and bitch, or get up, log off, go outside and DO SOMETHING to better the world you live in? Choice is yours...
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #103449 by
But we're also capable of many other good things.

The boy who saved his young neighbor from a house fire. Troutdale Fire

The people who just do basic neighborly good deeds. Rainstorm

Doctors who travel the world to help the less fortunate. This video's pretty cute. Cleft Lip Surgery

There are just as many good stories out there as there are bad.

*Edit* Just saw this picture on facebook of a firefighter in Australia.

Attachment FirefighterinAustralia.jpg not found

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 11 months ago #103450 by

Amos_Tzao wrote: I am not cynical, I just tend to see the bad come out of people in MANY various ways.

There is good in nearly every situation. Look for it. All you focus on is the bad.

Amos_Tzao wrote: Go to Boston. Talk to them about their most recent marathon. That is perhaps an underlying situation of what we're all capable of.

What about all the runners, spectators, police and national guard who immediately ran towards all the victims? What about all the runners who, instead of going home and heading towards safety, diverted their route and ran to the nearest hospitals to donate blood?

Chances are, you can count the number of people on one hand that were involved in the bombing, but I highly doubt you can count the number of people who ran in to help the injured on even 2 hands...not including all the people who have been donating to the Red Cross.

Zenchi hit the nail on the head. What I am about to ask is not an attack on you, it's just to get you thinking: What have you done about this situation to prove that we aren't all evil and weak? What have you done in any disaster situation to help the victims...to show the brighter, kinder and more helpful side of humanity?

As I said, my questions were not an attack on you...just merely there to get you thinking. Only pointing out the bad is never healthy. You have to look for the good, you have to show that there is good. Don't forget there are 2 sides to every coin.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi