Pariah?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #76030 by
Pariah? was created by
In the Warhammer 40k universe, there are people known as Pariahs, who are psychic nulls. Their presence represses psychic activity and the daemonic in the same way an ysalamiri suppresses the Force. Is it at all conceiveable that there are people out there that act in a similar manner to spirits and other apparitions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #76100 by
Replied by on topic Re: Pariah?
I would think it possible. Something that drains or negates one's energy. Like two voters, one a democrat and the other republican.

Interesting idea to ponder...

More
11 years 7 months ago #76118 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Re: Pariah?
Perhaps like destructive interference in physics, or just psychic noise generating distortion or blocking completely.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #76139 by
Oui.

My fiance, as I've said before, sees shadow beings and the like. I, do not, and only very rarely do they ever appear when I'm around. Appearing before more than one individual at once is a rare occurence I know, but it would be an interesting thought to consider, that maybe some people are psychic white noise generators.

In the WH40k fiction, those with the Pariah Gene are called Pariahs, Blanks, Untouchables or Blunters.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #76142 by

Williamkaede wrote: In the WH40k fiction, those with the Pariah Gene are called Pariahs, Blanks, Untouchables or Blunters.

A relic of a past set of fiction that no longer exists in the current rulebook - in part because it made no sense lol (now there's a machine that is used to 'prune' the galaxy by causing supernovae in stars :blink:)

As for acting in the same manner in the real world... you first have to demonstrate the existence of that other world ;)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago #76259 by
I just read the books. When I have the money, I don't have the time, when I have the time, I don't have the money. I don't play.

I read a book featuring Pariahs after talking to my fiance about the shadow being she'd been seeing. It was just an idea. "I wonder if that could happen", I thought to myself, after giving thought to our present situation. Kol Drake over at the Institute for Jedi Realist Studies has recommended having a go at psychic development to see if I'm just not awakened to it all, or an actual null force.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi