Shadow Being

More
11 years 5 months ago #80778 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Re: Shadow Being
Excessive use of incense and smoking might facilitate the hallucination/detection of shadowy entities, and cessation might provoke unwanted visuals to that effect. I use to like moxa sticks because they have a heavy cigar type smoke, and I actually think 'spirits' are attracted to mugwort, despite it being used to repel them historically I actually think they are enamored with it and it draws them in, and then away out the window.... perhaps its just smoke in general.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 5 months ago #80780 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: Shadow Being

Adder wrote: Excessive use of incense and smoking might facilitate the hallucination/detection of shadowy entities, and cessation might provoke unwanted visuals to that effect. I use to like moxa sticks because they have a heavy cigar type smoke, and I actually think 'spirits' are attracted to mugwort, despite it being used to repel them historically I actually think they are enamored with it and it draws them in, and then away out the window.... perhaps its just smoke in general.

This is true as well...it could also be electromagnetic sensativity...as I said more info is needed ...and with so many cultures there are as many if not more different types of spirits...each requiring different ways of sending...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #80823 by
Replied by on topic Re: Shadow Being
Irish Catholic family, RyuJin, if it helps.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 5 months ago #80834 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: Shadow Being
other info that would be needed is family mental health history, family history in regards to possible paranormal experience, physical health history, there's a long list of things that can contribute these sort of experiences...sleep habits, diet, etc...that's why i said more info would be needed....knowledge is power, research presents solutions...it's often best for the one involved to be the one to solve the experience...mainly because the one involved has to believe...

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 11 months ago #107028 by
Replied by on topic Shadow Being
In Eastern Orthodoxy, we do have power over demons, they are just like barking dogs so deal with them as such.

the name of the theotokos has been recorded to make them scream in agony

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
10 years 11 months ago #107033 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Shadow Being
William, you mentioned shes seen it most of her life, can she pin point its first appearance? Has she ever felt threatened by it, or is the protectiveness over your son because shes not sure what it is? Are there any common denominators to the times when it appears? Can she attribute any physical events to it? Has she spoken to it, or it to her? Has she tried to ask it to leave previously and it hasn't?

Its difficult to guess who or what it is simply from the description.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me

More
10 years 11 months ago #107037 by Whyte Horse
Replied by Whyte Horse on topic Shadow Being
I think the first thing you should determine is if the phenomenon is inside her head or outside it. If it's outside then other people will observe it too.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
10 years 11 months ago #107039 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Shadow Being

Whyte Horse wrote: I think the first thing you should determine is if the phenomenon is inside her head or outside it. If it's outside then other people will observe it too.

That's unfortunately not necessarily true. Although if would be helpful to see if anyone else can see or sense it.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 11 months ago #107042 by
If the phenomenon mentioned is determined to be outside of herr head, I would highly suggest trying to do evp work. there are a series of tests that can be done to determine whether this phenomenon is occurring within her or from without. if it is determined that is itself a concious entity, then you take back the house if it is becoming a nuisance. Many Catholics will tell you that such actions require a complicated long drawn out process, it does not. However 97 percent of the time it is something that is occurring within the person whether that be mental or otherwise. Are you prepared face the fact this may all be in her head? Then what?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 11 months ago #107048 by
Try tell her to leave an apple or two out on a table and see how it reacts to it. If it shows no concern for them your ok. Just do a simple cleansing of the house, that should quiet things down a bit.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi