is anyone even interested. Are U Mark?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #119416 by
Each "Special Interest Group" is there for those people wishing to explore such themes, or who incorporate aspects of such ways into their Jedi path. The information has been gathered over the years but, like the rest of the forum, relies on input from members.

Feel free to post any information you may have so that others can learn from it and discuss the contents, or to ask any questions you may have.

As Advisor to this group, I oversee the activities and posts within and am also happy to respond directly via PM. However, I have many other tasks here at the Temple (and outside it!) and so I am not always able to respond as quickly as I would like.

My experience over the years at TOTJO has shown that interest in certain ways tends to ebb and flow, much like the natural energies of the Force. So there may be periods of great activity here, then other times when things seem to slow down. The Pagan section is by far the most active of all the SIGs but as I said, participation is dependent on those who choose to interact.

I still do personal work for each sabbat and celebration and anyone is welcome to do their own ritual and add their energies to the mix. Guidance can be found here: http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Pagan-studies/30272-taking-part-in-celebrations

I have also conducted pagan-themed festival celebrations every now and again. I am completing the update of the TOTJO liturgical calendar and as soon as this is complete, I hope to start up these services again so watch this space :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #119521 by
Thank you GM Mark for a great post. I appreciate it. I look forward to reading some of your new material. I will also add some interesting subjects, articles and help make a contribution.

Finding the time is not always easy but I will somehow integrate it into my practice.

Yours amoung the oaks,

Jayden
/|\

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
10 years 6 months ago #119522 by RyuJin
i suppose i could submit some of my sizeable library of pagan/wiccan/occult books...was reading through some of it last night before i realized just how much material i actually have on the field...of course i won't submit my personal book of shadows :laugh:

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Lykeios Little Raven,

More
10 years 6 months ago #119525 by Lykeios Little Raven
Well, I could upload/link some of my Hellenic materials, but I don't think we have many Hellenic Jedi around here.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
10 years 6 months ago #119527 by ren
The special interest groups are mostly here to allow totjo folks to talk about specific common interests, not much more. Someone doing the IP would have at some point to look at neopagan religions, and the best place to do that is not totjo... But neopagan websites or meetings/churches...

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #121314 by
I slightly disagree in that there are people here, such as myself, who have experience of neopagan paths and the journey to finding a balance within their own Jedi path. Why go to an impersonal website when you can talk about such things here, with people who can relate. Also, many communities may not be open to enquiries, or may see Jediism as a joke. So attending a neopagan celebration may not always be possible.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi