2012 Jediism Gathering UK - Cambridge

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #54817 by
From London to Cambridge it's Liverpool st station - Cambridge

Saffron Walden (where I live) is about 1/2 miles from Audley End station (on the same route a few stops before Cambridge)

Audley End (or the bus service) are the best ways to get in (I have no car)

You're looking at about £18 to Cambridge/Audley End a return ticket is slightly more

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
12 years 1 month ago #54831 by ren
Whats up with the train being so expensive where you live? last time I went to cambridge, first class ticket was 16 pounds. crosscountry trains.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #54920 by
Just a quick point - I was on leave for 5 days from 14th to 19th March. I've been back for a few weeks but can't get online much at the moment due to studies and an immensely busy work schedule. Oh, and my PC crashed and had to be restored to factory settings so I've only just managed to get most of my stuff together again.

I can't make that planned weekend because I'm studying in London but keep me posted about any future dates. You do all realise that the 5th/6th is a Bank Holiday weekend and therefore a busy time to be travelling, holidaying, etc? Just saying.... ;)

You're more than welcome to come and tent up in my garden for a future event (even if it WAS a joke!) but being in a central urban area, it's only big enough for 1 tent! Unless you fancied sleeping on the beach, which is never any fun! Or share a sleeping bag... (Akkarin and ren?!? hehehe)

• ren
    Registered
More
12 years 1 month ago #54944 by ren
I'm hairy and Akkarin doesn't like hairy men. I say he doesn't know what he's missing :P

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #54997 by
Oh dear. XD

So...Mark's studying in London. I'm in London. *hint hint* Also, bank holiday? That probably explains a lot, because the prices of tickets I've found are a bit higher than Akkarin's estimates. I know it's about the 4th, but maybe we should consider moving the dates to late April. And to London. :P

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #55002 by
I only study in London once a month. Otherwise I'm in deepest darkest South Essex. If you're considering moving it to April, I'm free the weekend before (28th/29th April). Travelling somewhere reasonable isn't a problem with me. Having the time to do it, is! :)

p.s. Note to self - buy waxing strips for ren or "bear appreciation manual" for Akkarin.... ;)

• ren
    Registered
More
12 years 1 month ago #55003 by ren
accomodation is not going to be cheaper in london. train prices are the same as usual for me. the real issue is that akkarin is not in cambridge... We might as well just have a one day gathering which lasts longer for those who can stay longer.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #55041 by

Mark Anjuu wrote: I only study in London once a month. Otherwise I'm in deepest darkest South Essex. If you're considering moving it to April, I'm free the weekend before (28th/29th April). Travelling somewhere reasonable isn't a problem with me. Having the time to do it, is! :)

p.s. Note to self - buy waxing strips for ren or "bear appreciation manual" for Akkarin.... ;)

:laugh: The 28th/29th would work for me, and I wouldn't be in the middle of exam weeks, so my schedule's more flexible on when I can get there/get back. B)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #55044 by
oohhh wish I could make but can't afford the time....Sorry

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #55050 by

Aceboizor wrote: :laugh: The 28th/29th would work for me, and I wouldn't be in the middle of exam weeks, so my schedule's more flexible on when I can get there/get back. B)

Well it's fine for me as well, just putting it out there lol

It's probably better, though I'm good for whatever

It doesn't get rid of the money issue though :/

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi