Some schools/religions go too far

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #50923 by
Also, if modesty is in the eye of the beholder, so is beauty.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #50926 by
Are men more visual beings? I don't think that's true.. It may be true that there is a quicker reaction time between seeing something arousing and being aroused.. That's just hardwired in us. But I don't think men can be categorized as more visual.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, very true. :) Yet, when the eye beholds much beauty, there is much much beauty to behold! hehehe
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by .

More
12 years 2 months ago #50927 by Locksley

It is a fact that men are visual beings; more-so than women. I think some women are more aware of this fact than others

I've got to disagree here. I've known quite a few women who like looking at men just as much as men like looking at women, more in some cases. ;)

And while I agree that you should stick to your promises, that girl's skirt was what, maybe two inches above hers knees and she was still wearing leggings so there wasn't any skin showing beyond her neck and hands. If that's really enough to provoke someone to 'wild thoughts', that to me says that there's something wrong with the person who can't control themselves, not with the attractive young woman who wanted to express herself on Valentines day with the wearing of a nice skirt. :pinch:

I'd say Ren said it best as to how I see things; as long as I have peace, quiet and privacy, I'm fine with anything. If women (or men), want to walk around flaunting their stuff, I'm comfortable enough in myself to not be provoked to any action. I might cat-whistle if a girl's wearing something really revealing, but that's just in good fun. :whistle:

We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away. -- J. Michael Straczynski, Babylon 5

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #50928 by
http://www.seductionlabs.org/2007/07/24/why-men-are-more-visual/

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #50929 by
So, you were talking in the context of visual arousal, gotcha! I was thinking about how my gf wants to buy every little thing she sees to decorate our apartment! Where's my gym in all this?! lol So, like I said, eye, brain, arousal... One direct connection!

More
12 years 2 months ago #50930 by Locksley

Reliah wrote: http://www.seductionlabs.org/2007/07/24/why-men-are-more-visual/

Very interesting ideas there, but for clarity I feel that I must point out that there is no scientific evidence that men are more visual than women. The writer brought up some interesting thinking points, and perhaps more research should be done on the subject, but as it stands now on the whole there's no scientific basis to believe that there's a major divide in the way men and women view these things.

Not being augmentative here, (It's too hard to express emotion properly over the internet so i clarifying such things lol), just pointing it out. ;)

We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away. -- J. Michael Straczynski, Babylon 5

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #50932 by Locksley
Not to say that there aren't some differences... :P

Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Locksley.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #50933 by
I suppose I've just heard it so much I believed it as truth. I'm starting to realize that's the case in quite a few things, actually. I feel like I have blinders on most of the time and they're slowly being taken off.

I appreciate the discussion and thank you for your thoughts and patience. I have a lot to learn and even more to understand.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
12 years 2 months ago #50937 by ren
I believe women are far more visual than men. Women care about appearence. What men care about is "naughtiness". It's not about whether something (mini skirt for instance) looks good, it's about whether she dares (to put it on when everyone else is wearing jeans). And unless we're talking repulsive, If she wants to, so will he. Doesn't matter if she doesn't look like claudia schiffer or wears excessive clothing. (and that, is biology, not my opinion)

Also sometimes people feel clothing "enhances" the naked body (as well as "normal" make-up). Then there's the whole disguise/RP thing some people seem to like.

In Winter or a business meeting, one might cover up.

My father likes to show up in his 90's pink/purple shorts :D

I'm just saying, if a woman has got the goods to share, let her share!!!

Even if she doesn't. I've seen a lot of excessively fat, large-breasted, hairy men at the beach/pool. I've also seen women's breats which had gone through age, a dozen kids and gravity. I'm cool with it. In fact I really don't like your comment because it goes against what I beleive: That it shouldn't be hidden to avoid offence or put on display to please...

Identical people living the same lives under the same set of rules are not living what I call freedom.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #50948 by
Well, as a large hairy man who is abreast, I sparingly inflict the sight on anyone!! But I'm nice like that! Lol
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi