On the Matter of Robes and other such things...

More
3 years 11 months ago #351054 by Rosalyn J
Well, I have wavered between choosing to wear robes and choosing to not wear robes depending on where my mindset was, but I'll never forget the first month or so that I was here, how I bought a small necklace with a TOTJO pendant and each time I looked at it or touched it I would recite the creed. And it would help to put me in the right space for the day.

Now, ideally we want to always be in the "right" mindset (whatever that means), but sometimes something physical can help us

Right now I am thinking about buying some clothing to help with my mindset.At least for when I come to the Temple.

What do you use to help with your mindset?

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Neaj Pa Bol, Carlos.Martinez3, Skryym, Jhannuzs Ian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #351057 by Archon
I have a 108-bead mala that I use to count recitations of my daily mantra. The mantra takes on a different aspect daily, but the first and last fifteen beads are used to count off the fifteen lines of the creed. The fifteenth bead has a different texture than the rest, prompting me to begin the creed to close out the mediation or to restart the cycle. I also have different beads at quarters and halfway, should my meditation time need to be shorter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neaj Pa Bol, Rosalyn J, Carlos.Martinez3, Diana W

More
3 years 11 months ago #351058 by Jhannuzs Ian
An agenda of progress, last year were medium-term goals, but these days, it helps me more to have small goals: achievable and realistic. In this way I am clear: in time and form with small purposes that give me meaning, also precision, freedom and time to accept doing nothing, where I include mental silence and instrumental music.

Attachment Witcher.gif not found

♪ ♫ ♪
Jedi Master: Rosalyn J
Focus, discipline, integriteit, kennis en licht
My code:
The Force is all, I choose my Focus
Life includes suffering, I am Resilient
The Force include my imagination, I extract Wisdom and Harmony
Life includes adversity, I obtain Knowledge
I respect your Life, lets revitalize our Force while breathing
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neaj Pa Bol, Rosalyn J, Carlos.Martinez3

More
3 years 11 months ago #351059 by Rosalyn J

Archon wrote: I have a 108-bead mala that I use to count recitations of my daily mantra. The mantra takes on a different aspect daily, but the first and last fifteen beads are used to count off the fifteen lines of the creed. The fifteenth bead has a different texture than the rest, prompting me to begin the creed to close out the mediation or to restart the cycle. I also have different beads at quarters and halfway, should my meditation time need to be shorter.

I wouldn't mind a picture if you have one?

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

More
3 years 11 months ago #351063 by rugadd
I used some wooden beads my Gong Fu instructor gave me,until the string broke. Now I use a knotted necklace that acts as a rosary, gifted by another Jedi to me. It helps with my breathing exercises and reminds me to seek my higher character. when i am knighted(here or elsewhere) I will be wearing my lightsaber.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neaj Pa Bol, Rosalyn J, Carlos.Martinez3

More
3 years 11 months ago #351067 by Kohadre
As with Archon, I too use a 108 (stone) bead mala. I alternate between reciting the creed, doctrine, and reflecting on daily troubles / concerns. While I also have a wooden one, the stone serves as a daily driver due to working as a mechanic (oil, solvents, coolant, etc).

Perhaps it's easier for me to say being a former goth, however as far as it concerns robes do you and ignore any static from people with a disapproving eye. If you value the opinions of others above that of being your true self, maybe some additional self reflection could be helpful.

My "robes" come in the form of a loose-fit hoodie, tactical vest, duty / utility belt, and tactical hip-fit bags. I advocate for and try to embody a first-responder Jedi dress code, so the practical-tactical helps in the form of having first aid and rescue supplies within hands reach.

Within the past couple years, I've made use of it for a variety of public service acts; the most notable being fixing up a biker who slammed into someones car door mid traffic (driver didn't look for oncoming cyclists). Pain killers, tape, a dollar flashlight, and some gauze can go a long way.

So long and thanks for all the fish
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J

More
3 years 11 months ago #351078 by Adder
Still training my inner to worry about sporting suitably fitting attire for outer.
Armor, Armature, Amore ~ Compassion, Clarity, Capacity

I do think on it often, so... design phase for now.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #351086 by Archon
I have attempted to upload an image with no success.

Edit: File was too large!

Attachment Mala.jpg not found

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Archon. Reason: Corrections
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd, Rosalyn J

More
3 years 11 months ago #351090 by Rosalyn J

Archon wrote: I have attempted to upload an image with no success.

Edit: File was too large!

Attachment Mala.jpg not found

That's beautiful

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 11 months ago #351092 by
Glad to see another Buddhist