JHoverman AMA

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 7 months ago #325434 by
JHoverman AMA was created by
Hello, it occurred to me that I haven't been overly active on here, so to make up for lost time is an "ask me anything" for you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #325435 by thomaswfaulkner
Replied by thomaswfaulkner on topic JHoverman AMA
Ask and you will receive... :evil:

How do you personally interpret the need for accepting personal responsibility of our actions with the idea that things simply happen just because they were a part of string of events outside of your control?

Right View ~ Right Intention ~ Right Speech ~ Right Action ~ Right Livelihood ~ Right Effort ~ Right Mindfulness ~ Right Concentration

Knight of the Order
Ordained Clergy Person
Teaching Master: Senan
IP Journal l AP Journal l Seminary Journal l Personal Ministry Statement

If you need to talk, we are here to listen.
Contact the Clergy

May all beings be happy and free and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute
in some way to the happiness and freedom for all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #325436 by
Replied by on topic JHoverman AMA
That's one I've thought about a lot actually. I'm still not for sure. I've never understood the need to blame actions or events on some malevolent, predetermined path, and therefore accepting the situation of not being able to do anything about it. I think that the final outcome of anything depends on the feeling of unity around the affected group. I guess what I'm saying is that there is almost always someone who can make the choice to force a different outcome. For example; pulling an unconscious person out of smoking car. You made the decision that said what would happen to that person. Of course, one must be careful when assuming this conclusion, because there is temptation to place blame on everyone else for your choices. It is your decisions that effect what your problem is and if you can fix it or not. The other people need to make and live with their own decision. If they will help their fellow being or not, or let the haunt them until they are able to justify their reasoning to themselves. Responsibility for our actions can't belong to anyone else, in my opinion of course.
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by . Reason: grammar

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 7 months ago #325439 by
If you could be anything other than a human being, what would you pick?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 7 months ago #325739 by
Anything real; a peregrine falcon, anything at all; dragon hands down. Specifically a wyvern.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 7 months ago #325746 by
:) Most of us have jedi we look up to, fictional or otherwise. Of those in the fiction, which do you look up to as role models, try to embody, and why?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 7 months ago #325772 by
Definitely Plo-kun he is the only famous sentinel (that I know) to look up to, and I've never liked the idea of my studies getting too one sided. Balancing brains and brawn, so to speak, is a wonderful philosophy for success in such a.life.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi