Documentaries of Interests :D

More
6 years 2 months ago #313658 by Alethea Thompson
A place for us to share documentaries that might interest the group.

Not sure if any of you have Netflix (I have both Netflix and Hulu), but if you do- you might be interested in "Myths & Monsters". I watched the first episode last night, and it starts out well. Even uses Joseph Campbell as a reference for most of the show. By the end it also tells you that the whole series will help you understand that there is more to Myths than what can be contained in Campbell's work. I'm going to be watching more of it- but I wanted to share this with you all. I think it would be a great supplement to anyone that is/has studying/studied the ToTJO program here. ^^

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #313661 by
Replied by on topic Documentaries of Interests :D
Kumare is a good one - not sure if it's on Netflix or Hulu at the moment but it's a good one. I think the ultimate goal of it is to teach that we are our own "Guru" (some might say Jedi Master :P ) and don't need anything outside of ourselves to find answers, purpose, and meaning.

Food/eating documentaries could be helpful - if a person can remember that diet is personal and not everything in the documentary will work for them. Things like Hungry For Change, Fed Up, Food Choices, etc. (Also - don't ever make huge diet/exercise choices without a doctor being involved.)

And then, of course, I'll mention Planet Earth because... it's interesting and beautiful. :)
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by .

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #314111 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Documentaries of Interests :D
Got a new TV a little while back and it has 3 months free Netflix, whooho, which for a cheapskate like me is the only way to introduce me to these things.... but over the weekend I happened to watch;

On Yoga: The Architecture of Peace
Naga The Eternal Yogi

Some interesting bit here and there, but contains some nudity tho.

Also watched The Last Shaman but thought it was a bit daft. Otherwise I'm drunk on movies and serials right now :D

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #314119 by
Any history documentary, (including the classic, if now outdated, 1999 BBC documentary Walking with Dinosaurs ) also OMG I just discovered there was a sequel <3

More
6 years 1 month ago #317076 by Alethea Thompson
Netflix: "Great Human Oddyssey" by Nova is awesome. Humans are amazing :D

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

More
6 years 1 month ago #317163 by Locksley
Here's one on Waldorf education. I watched this the other day and enjoyed it, and for anyone else who is interested in human development and educational modeling it will probably be a good introduction to Waldorf. Or if you have kids, haha.

https://vimeo.com/71295506

We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away. -- J. Michael Straczynski, Babylon 5

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #317169 by
I haven't actually seen it, but I'd really like to watch "Get Lamp" one of these days. :)

More
6 years 1 month ago #317171 by Locksley

JinhamKlyean wrote: I haven't actually seen it, but I'd really like to watch "Get Lamp" one of these days. :)

That sounds fascinating. Definitely watching it.

We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away. -- J. Michael Straczynski, Babylon 5

More
5 years 10 months ago #322288 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Documentaries of Interests :D
Some strange thing added to Netflix (Australia), some of us might have heard of ;)
Joseph Campbell and the Power of Myth, 1988
https://www.netflix.com/title/70281117

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi