Small Request~

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #300369 by
Small Request~ was created by
♥ I just want to point out that I really really don't want to bother or mooch from you fantastic people here, so if this is an inconvenience to ask.. Please just send a happy birthday and I'll still be really happy ♥

Now.. to the point ;w;

Hello everybody! I wanted to make a small request, but please don't feel obligated or anything! it's just if people would like to.
It's my birthday soon and I'll be turning 19 and I've been planning a trip to Canada to see my best friend who moved away in early 2014, but unfortunately due to the horrible job market in Aberdeen at the moment it's been super rough to try and get money, and all the money I do have has been going towards the fund for going to Canada and all the money from my birthday will be going towards it, but I'm just coming up a little short ;w;

I really don't want to make anybody feel like I'm just trying to mooch from totjo, if people feel that this is asking for too much then I completely understand, but I just thought it was worth asking because I've been planning this for a bit and my best friend is turning 18 on the 13th so I'm trying everything I can to try raise a little more money ;w;

♥ Thank you so much for even reading this, and for any birthday wishes I may receive ♥
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #300376 by
Replied by on topic Small Request~
Arent you a sith? And your here begging? Seems uncharacteristic...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #300377 by
Perhaps start a gofundme campaign? Would reach a wider audience, and I'm fairly certain asking for money here is prolly against the rules. ;) But I do wish you luck in getting the funds, it's hard being apart from your friends.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #300378 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Arent you a sith? And your here begging? Seems uncharacteristic...

Aren't you Jedi? And you're here, assuming my personality and characteristics based on what you think I believe? Seems as if you're not learning much from your training.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #300380 by

Lexi Reklaw wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Arent you a sith? And your here begging? Seems uncharacteristic...

Aren't you Jedi? And you're here, assuming my personality and characteristics based on what you think I believe? Seems as if you're not learning much from your training.

Oh!! Not another failing of your self proclaimed sithyness!! You have not done your homework. I am not Jedi young one.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #300382 by
Man...I wish I could beg for money. Sure could use an extra $500 for my trip to Utah to see family I havn't seen in over 15+ years. Traveling is not cheap so I feel you!!

However.

Begging for vacation money is unbecoming. And it would be Unbecoming of Jedi to donate money for such a venture.

You are old enough to find a job :) As my dad always said... "Pound the Pavement!" although in today's world it is more like...pound the keyboard. But, you get the idea. Baby sitting is a great start :) Mowing Lawns, shopping for the elderly....Filling out Applications is the best.

I wish you luck!

More
6 years 6 months ago #300421 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Small Request~

Actually, exploiting a group of people who tend to favor the idea of compassion and detachment from materialism seems quite genius! :laugh:

Good luck on your quest, and happy birthday!

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #300422 by

Manu wrote:

Actually, exploiting a group of people who tend to favor the idea of compassion and detachment from materialism seems quite genius! :laugh:

Good luck on your quest, and happy birthday!

Maybe it was the execution that was lacking

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #300424 by

Lexi Reklaw wrote: ♥ Please just send a happy birthday and I'll still be really happy ♥ It's my birthday soon and I'll be turning 19

Being 'fairly poor', as student, myself, when it comes to money. Considering all the trips I would love to make.. I cannot help you. Happy 19th B-day and I hope you will have a lovely autumn with your best friend. :)

More
6 years 6 months ago #300425 by Lykeios Little Raven
Replied by Lykeios Little Raven on topic Small Request~

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Lexi Reklaw wrote:

Oh!! Not another failing of your self proclaimed sithyness!! You have not done your homework. I am not Jedi young one.

Then why are you an apprentice here? 0.o

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi