Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #259960 by
Replied by on topic Hurricane Matthew
Small update:

The storm is going to hit sometime tonight, and We're doing refined prep taking in the last of things from outside, and preparing multiple bags of ice ourselves, since there is NO ICE to be found anywhere at convenience or regular stores Lol. I'm still worried, but I'm trying to keep faith in the Force.

Again, hopefully this will turn out to be less damaging then the news is expecting. Most of the news covers Jacksonville, and they're panicking over the fact the storm is back up to being a Class 4.

I'll update again. Soon.

Thank-you to everyone who's replied so far for your kind consideration. And again, thank-you MadHatter for the Bug-out Bag list and video link.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #259961 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Hurricane Matthew
Govener of Florida is telling everyone in the evac zones to leave immediately, if at all possible...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/06/hurricane-matthew-death-toll-in-haiti-rises-to-23-as-rescuers-st/

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Zenchi.

More
7 years 6 months ago #260200 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic Hurricane Matthew
Just an update on Hurricane Matthew.

It appears that the worst was avoided for the most part and the results are mostly a mess and loss of power. Let us up that continues to be the case.

1 million are without power and there are a lot of flooded areas still

There have been four deaths from this storm two were medical emergencies that could not be reached due to the weather and the other two were an unfortunate couple that tried to ride out the storm in a trailer that was subsequently smashed by a tree.

Source http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/06/us/hurricane-matthew-live-updates/

May the Force be with the people of Florida as the clean up and recovery starts.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi