The Avengers and Phil Coulson endorse Hillary.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #258183 by
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRp1CK_X_Yw

Amazing, right ??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #258184 by MadHatter

Silas Mercury wrote:
Amazing, right ??

Not really. Famous people can be bought, can be wrong, can be foolish just like anyone else. They just happen to be well known. And not even for really being deep thinkers or particularly bright. But for being able to fake their emotions and fit into the roles requested of them. Does that really make them someone who you should allow to influence your vote?

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #258185 by Zenchi
I'm left wondering what's so amazing about this? A group of actors who somehow believe one side is better than the other, and that voting will somehow change the outcome. Add the fact that nether of the the "other two" running were allowed in the debate, simply because their pocket books did not allow them the luxury of buying t.v time.

What message does this present before the american people, if not the world. That ultimately, the system is a process which is BOUGHT. People claim to want change, yet continue making the same decisions, (this or that, huge selection there) and keep expecting things to somehow change for the better.

As absurd as it sounds, the system WILL not change, it must be starved, and the only way that will ever happen is if the people decide "as individuals," to not vote...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MadHatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #258187 by
I have no idea why anyone would be surprised by or even care about this. People are allowed to have opinions. Form your own.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #258190 by
No

Americans are screwed , who ever they choose , they have no say whatsoever goes on and what laws are being formed , public opinion is manipulated by the press and i for one am very worried about their future , there democracy is so far off from what democracy stands for , i am not saying we are better off here in the Netherlands but we have the advantage of being one big city and small enough for complaints to be heard ..anyway .. i don't think hiring an actor to get a point across is a good thing anyway , when i pay him to say he loves me he will :P

*rubs chin* hmmm....

More
7 years 6 months ago #258193 by JamesSand
I'm not sure they "endorse Hillary" so much as "Suggest that Trump is a bit more of a risk"

(I don't have a horse in this race. I'm sure they're both as awful as anyone else in politics)

Y'all right - Just about everyone can be bought. The difference is famous people sometimes cost more.

So I guess what would be interesting is not "Oh, some people were bought" - but "How much did they cost?"

For all we know, they did it for free.

I'm sure a thousand (million?) people would appear in an ad for free, just for the thrill of it - but people who exist in the public eye, you could say they have more to lose?

They've just pissed off a bunch of trump voters, who now may or may want to boycott their future enterprises (or worse)

So whatever they got paid would want to be at least what they've lost in business - Or they genuinely believe the message is important enough (to them) to risk the losses and backlash.

(I'm just pondering this in general terms - Not my country, not that interested in the politics)

More
7 years 6 months ago #258195 by steamboat28
They don't endorse Hillary. They endorse "not Trump."

There is a MASSIVE difference.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Avalon,

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #258200 by Avalon

They don't endorse Hillary. They endorse "not Trump."

There is a MASSIVE difference.

I was about to say this same thing. There is no endorsement of Hillary happening. And hell, for the most part, there isn't even a whole lot of "not Trump" happening. He's referenced a grand total of.... Once? Twice? In that entire 3.5 minutes, and not even by name. Hillary isn't even referenced at all. The Congressional votes are referenced as much as Trump...

The point isn't an endorsement of one over the other. The point is an endorsement of "you better get your hind end out there and vote on Nov whatever-another"...

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Avalon.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #258216 by

Silas Mercury wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRp1CK_X_Yw

Amazing, right ??

Having direct experience in the entertainment industry and working with some obscenely rich people, I can tell you I'd rather listen to the opinion of a gas station attendant or landscaper than any of those people. You don't really understand how distorted their view of the world is unless you experience it first hand. They really don't have a dog in the race, and whoever wins won't actually effect them either way. Most people listen to them without understanding that they have either lost or never had a direct connection to how much health care costs, or taxation, or milk for that matter. They may be aware of the price, but $4 is the same as $40 is the same as $400. It doesn't make a difference. They have a luxury that only very deep pocketed, generational wealth can afford, they can vote idealism and not be effect by the negative consequences.

Keep that in mind when very rich people tell you whom to vote for.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #258217 by

I'm not sure they "endorse Hillary" so much as "Suggest that Trump is a bit more of a risk"

(I don't have a horse in this race. I'm sure they're both as awful as anyone else in politics)

This has always baffled me. How exactly is Trump more of a risk than someone that's participated in the destabilization of the middle east for 8+years now, voted for CISPA, NDAA, The extension of the patriot act, so on and so forth? I'm sure if you asked the families of the weeding party where we drone bombed 70+ people, many of them children, who was more of a risk, you might get a different reply.

Trump is more of a risk in that he's an unknown. He's never held any office, never been responsible for policy, and was in fact pretty chummy with the Clintons until a little before this election cycle. We really can't say with any certainty what Trump will do, but we can say what Clinton will do, just ask Libya.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi