Hurricane Hermine

More
7 years 7 months ago #255487 by Alethea Thompson
Posted this on Facebook, going to post it around the community:

Hey Knights, let us know if you're affected by Hermine. I've got a computer, a phone and a lot of time to dedicate to helping you find resources in your area if you end up taking serious damage. Having gone through all of the work for my college, I know that just how difficult it is for people to know what is out there. What I'll need from you is the state and county you are in, and what sort of resources you'll need to bounce back from this disaster.

I'm dead serious. You need help with finding resources from Mental Health to Housing and food issues, I'm here to help you out. I can't figure out what I can do with my degree in the area I'm in (nothing hits Upstate SC, lol), but I can put it to use helping others.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin, Manu, Proteus, Zenchi, Carlos.Martinez3, Breeze el Tierno, OB1Shinobi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #255493 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Hurricane Hermine
So far so good for us down east of Columbia, just some rain so far and winds only getting up to 30mph. Just hoping it doesn't turn into another flood situation like last year.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Avalon

More
7 years 7 months ago #255625 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Hurricane Hermine
Had a power outage for several hours (just like thousands of other people through the day). A small flash flood warning, some wind, and it was done.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson

More
7 years 7 months ago #255627 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic Hurricane Hermine
I'm glad it didn't get as bad as the radar made it look x.x

Good to know you're safe ^^

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

More
7 years 7 months ago #255738 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Hurricane Hermine
Sounds to me like you have many gifts avaliable! Thanks for being the difference here friend! Do not stop! May the Living Force continue to be with you Aletha!!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
7 years 7 months ago #255741 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Hurricane Hermine
I had to call off work because the fire department shut down the roads to my apartment complex due to flooding...and my boss had the nerve to call me and demand that I find a way in to work...she pulled this crap on me last year and it cost me my car motor trying to drive through a flood...she insinuated I may get fired...she's been trying to get me fired for the past 8 months...i'll be talking to her boss this coming week, and to their boss as well...and I've had a lawyer on standby since my injury when she tried accusing me of fraud...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Avalon, Zenchi

More
7 years 7 months ago #255777 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic Hurricane Hermine
That stuff irks me. I'm from Franklin, TN. When Nashville had its flood a girl lost everything but her clothes on her she escaped with. Turns out the poor gal was also a victim of Katrina. Anyways, she went to work to get information so she could get a replacement drivers license, the HR department told her she couldn't come to work because she was in jeans and a t-shirt. I found out when my mother called me to ask if she could give my clothes away to the woman. Needless to say, the woman was a better person than me, I'd have called the company's supervisor first and made my way up the chain until someone had a talk with HR representatives about their lack of empathy towards my case.

I have no lack of animosity towards bosses that can't respect legitimate problems.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon

More
7 years 6 months ago #259888 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic Hurricane Matthew
This applies to Matthew as well. If you need assistance, hit me up.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi, Loudzoo

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi