The Chosen One

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #251074 by
Replied by on topic The Chosen One
I believe the force is out of balance. When in balance, in theory, would we have world peace. I think.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #251078 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic The Chosen One

Gisteron wrote:

Lykeios wrote:

V-Tog wrote: For me it's not in balance (as such) because there's nothing to balance. The Force just is. :)

I was actually going to ask what the Force is supposed to be balancing...haha. Or what about the Force is supposed to be in balance or out of balance.

Yes, and also what is this "Force" thing y'all keep referring to anyway? :D

I don't know ... ;)

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #251079 by

Alexandre Orion wrote:

Gisteron wrote:

Lykeios wrote:

V-Tog wrote: For me it's not in balance (as such) because there's nothing to balance. The Force just is. :)

I was actually going to ask what the Force is supposed to be balancing...haha. Or what about the Force is supposed to be in balance or out of balance.

Yes, and also what is this "Force" thing y'all keep referring to anyway? :D

I don't know ... ;)

Oh, Alex, does anyone ?? :laugh: :laugh:

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #251081 by Alexandre Orion

MOYERS: When I read these myths, I am simply in awe of the mystery of it all. We can presume, but we cannot penetrate.

CAMPBELL: That is the point. The person who thinks he has found the ultimate truth is wrong. There is an often-quoted verse in Sanskrit, which appears in the Chinese Tao-Te Ching as well: "He who thinks he knows, doesn't know. He who knows that he doesn't know, knows. For in this context, to know is not to know. And not to know is to know."
~ The Power of Myth, p. 55

Tao Te Ching 56 :

Those who know don't talk. Those who talk don't know.
Block the passage
Bolt the gate
Blunt the sharp
Untie the knot
Blend with the light
Become one with the dust
- This is called original unity.
It can't be embraced
It can't be escaped,
It can't be helped
It can't be harmed,
It can't be exalted
It can't be despised,
Therefore it is revered under Heaven.

Not anyone worth listening to, Silas ... :cheer:

~ David Hume

~ Henri Bergson
[img
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Alexandre Orion.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #251082 by
:cheer: Thanks

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #251083 by
I agree with Alex. You reference some iconic figures that we now link with freedom, equality and peace. But, if you long for things like this, why not just be like that in the first place? Why wait for someone to step up and teach you to live in such a way when you obviously grasp the concept already and can live that way yourself?

Even if such a person did step up now, one would have to make the change within himself in order to follow such an ideology, so why not just make the change anyway?

It's all in you, and you do have the power.

More
7 years 9 months ago #251088 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic The Chosen One

Silas Mercury wrote: I believe the force is out of balance. When in balance, in theory, would we have world peace. I think.

Well we are in one of the most peaceful times mankind has ever seen, so it would seem the Force is rather balanced, albeit perhaps not perfectly. But then again, why would the two be connected? And what's the dividing line anyway? As far as we know, all the planets are at peace with each other, as are all the galaxies. If there are other universes beyond our own, it seems we aren't in contact with any, so there's another peaceful front. Why would one little monkey species on one tiny little dot in space be any indicator of the state of some fundamental natural essence when the large picture is as peaceful as ever? Then again, how peaceful is world peace exactly? Let's say a week from now all armed conflict ceases. A week after that, all political disputes are settled. Another month and nothing is happening in courts anymore. Next year humans lose all emotion and there is no more family drama. Give it another millennium and erase all heterotrophic organisms. One could argue that even the plants are competing with each other for sunlight and minerals. Even if there is but one species remaining, the conflict stays. Not even removing all life from the universe could eliminate the chemical and physical forces disturbing the status quo.
The argument here is perhaps that if calm be a measure of balance of the Force, not only can we not limit it to human affairs (and you didn't explicitly, but that was my first instinctive interpretation), we would also need to recognize then that there is a gradient here. The Force then is never either fully in balance (the axiom of excluded middle forbids it) or fully disturbed, but rather always some shade of grey between the two, and arguably a changing one, over time, not ever reaching either extreme.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Lykeios Little Raven, Brick

More
7 years 9 months ago #251089 by Alexandre Orion
Very well put, Anton .... :)

~ David Hume

~ Henri Bergson
[img

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi