The Chosen One

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #251026 by
The Chosen One was created by
I know this sounds stupid, but is there a Chosen One ?? Is there someone who can bring balance to the force ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #251027 by
Replied by on topic The Chosen One
No. It's that simple to me. No.

I don't think that the Force needs a chosen one to bring about it's balance. Is it even out of balance? How would we be able to tell? How would a chosen one even bring balance to the Force?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #251029 by
The Force is in balance.

More
7 years 9 months ago #251032 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic The Chosen One
For me it's not in balance (as such) because there's nothing to balance. The Force just is. :)

B.Div | OCP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven, Avalon, , Brick

More
7 years 9 months ago #251033 by Lykeios Little Raven
Replied by Lykeios Little Raven on topic The Chosen One

V-Tog wrote: For me it's not in balance (as such) because there's nothing to balance. The Force just is. :)

I was actually going to ask what the Force is supposed to be balancing...haha. Or what about the Force is supposed to be in balance or out of balance.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

More
7 years 9 months ago #251036 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic The Chosen One
When looking for a "chosen one", it is often in the hopes of a messiah of some sort ; someone who does for us what we believe ourselves incapable, or are unwilling, to do for ourselves.

As such, we are all the "chosen one". We are responsible for finding our balance in the Force. Certainly the Force simply is, quite simply, indeed ... much like the trough and the crest of a wave, the two poles of a magnet, high and low ... &c. Polar extremes in the working of nature and are not out of balance. Then again, their movement does not stay still either.

The balancing act that we keep trying choose someone to perform for us is merely the way we live between the extremes, the way we roll from one position of the enantiodromatic cycle through all the others. The evening/morning constitutional along the razor's edge and a relatively rascally and impious offering at the alter of humility whilst weathering Life as it presents itself is quite enough austerity to come to some curious understanding of being chosen. That is, simply, patiently and compassionately abiding the ups and downs of ordinary living brings about the balance. It is never motionless balance, but a dynamic equilibrium that carries on its apparent duality all in being non-dual. Not singular, not multiple ... just "so".

But then, what the hell would I know ? :unsure:

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven, Avalon, , Brick, Leah Starspectre

More
7 years 9 months ago #251037 by Lykeios Little Raven
Replied by Lykeios Little Raven on topic The Chosen One
I often wonder why there is this search for a messianic figure or a "chosen one." As Alexandre says we are each a "chosen one" in our own way. We must find our own balance in life. We look to heroes to save us from something when in reality we should strive to save ourselves from whatever troubles us. Sure, we may need help from time to time, but for the most part is is up to us.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #251071 by
Then should we look for one ?? Should we train children and then find if one has the power to be like Dr. King ?? Or to be like president Lincoln ?

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #251072 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic The Chosen One
No, we ought not ... We ought to look into ourselves, Silas - that is the point here - for the agency to be the changes that we feel need to be in the world and exhibit that change in our way of living. Why wait for a child to grow up with the message "simplicity, patience & compassion" for me to heed, when I can simply, patiently & compassionately adhere to these principles without making someone else the icon to them ?

Abraham Lincoln and Dr Martin Luther King, Jr have become historical - almost sacred - icons because, for the troubled social and political eras they were part of, their messages were iconoclastic. Social change is one of the more thickly viscous products of the Force (it is not outside of it). My morning reading brought me upon this passage by Arthur Koestler : "Sensitivity, searching and grasping are attitudes which presuppose a certain amount of frustration - not too much and not too little ; a kind of moderate unhappiness, a harmonious disequilibrium." This corresponds with what Krishnamurti was saying about how we are oblivious to our own conditioning when things are going relatively well for us or when we are in the privileged strata of society. Or, on the contrary, if we are in the oppressed strata where one is crushed under it all. In other words, we don't look for ways to better things if we are among those enjoying the status quo nor if we're convinced that we just cannot.

Yet, we know that our First-World Weltanschauung is patently un-just. We know that things cannot continue as they are, but the conveniences and/or pressures of our social organisation keep us from choosing ourselves as "chosen ones" heralding messages that our comfort prompts us to suspend (ecological consumerism, environmental impact, social injustices ... the list goes on). As Koestler put it : "...as long as the chasm between thought and tradition, theoretical insight and practical routine prevails, thinking must necessarily be directed by the two poles of debunking and Utopianism. (...) the once revolutionary urban bourgeoisie has become a conservative force."

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Alexandre Orion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Brick,

More
7 years 9 months ago #251073 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic The Chosen One

Lykeios wrote:

V-Tog wrote: For me it's not in balance (as such) because there's nothing to balance. The Force just is. :)

I was actually going to ask what the Force is supposed to be balancing...haha. Or what about the Force is supposed to be in balance or out of balance.

Yes, and also what is this "Force" thing y'all keep referring to anyway? :D

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi