The Grateful Thread

More
8 years 5 months ago #209561 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic The Grateful Thread
i'm grateful for friends who support me, whether they understand my struggles or not. i know most of them don't believe that they do, but just being there for me helps in ways i can't even begin to thank them enough for.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #209814 by
Replied by on topic The Grateful Thread
I'm cautiously optimistic that I could be moving back to Chicago as early as the weekend of Dec 5-7th.

More
8 years 4 months ago #209820 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic The Grateful Thread
Grateful for family and a warm place to sleep.
I am rich beyond words because I have these things.

Everything is belief
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan, Loudzoo

More
8 years 4 months ago #209876 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic The Grateful Thread
Honest Trailers on Youtube because however rubbish I feel, their videos never fail to make me laugh and cheer me up.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Proteus, Zenchi

More
8 years 4 months ago #210003 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic The Grateful Thread
Competent technicians who know how to do their jobs ... :cheer:

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img

More
8 years 4 months ago #210032 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic The Grateful Thread
I'm grateful for friends who, for whatever reason they might, actually seem to personally care about me and my well being. That does mean a lot.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #210034 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic The Grateful Thread
Being made to park a few blocks away and walk up the beach to the prize home instead, because right in front of it washed up in the surf we found a $20 note!!!

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Adder.

More
8 years 4 months ago #210221 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic The Grateful Thread
Grateful for individuals who's actions make being a Jedi challenging, ever so reminding me to be a better man than I was yesterday....

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin, Proteus, Alexandre Orion

More
8 years 4 months ago #210426 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Re:The Grateful Thread
I am grateful for my in-laws who accept me and love me as family should

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #210490 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic The Grateful Thread
I started this thread exactly two years ago (give or take a few hours) partly in the spirit of our American holiday Thanksgiving here, but even more so in the spirit of us reminding ourselves that for every negative thing we experience, there are many things good to acknowledge as well. With the hope that it has helped any of you to feel a little better about your day, or your life, this thread is very dear to me, because all of you are dear to me. You have pulled me out of some of the darkest days of my life just by being YOU - not even by having to message me and check on me or by doing anything in particular with me - but by doing what you do here At All as a Temple -
by being the temple that welcomes all the newcomers so warmly;
by being the temple that loves to post inspirational quotes on the wall to remind the world of what is important;
by being the temple who discusses both the mundane, insignificant things as well as the intense, personal, political, religious, scientific and social ordeals, questions, and debates that Have Been In-Fact enriching my level of thinking about myself and the world;
by being the temple with members who are always progressing and learning through the initiates program, your apprenticeships, seminaries, and onward through what you learn when being a knight, minister, and councilor;
by being a temple with the amazing services and sermons you create with some of the most compelling and thought/heart provoking reminders and contemplation I have ever been so privileged to receive.

I love this temple because of how accepting it is of itself as it is, and not trying to be something that it knows it is not or cannot be (and that is not always easy). But I feel it is out of that foundation of acceptance for all of its own flaws and all of its strengths that it shines the brightest for everyone to see. It is that example which has helped me to accept myself as I am in such the manner.

Let's continue to expand thanksgiving to everyday of the year with everything we do as the temple we are - nothing more, nothing less.

:)

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Proteus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi