The Force powers as we know them

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #346417 by
So let's talk about all the force powers as we know them on this planet!

For modern day earthly jedi I think we can clearly see what force powers exist around us and in us. Sometimes maybe not a flashy as the movies but still very powerful. I think this is the difference between reality and myth. Myth is just a souped up version of reality, but also a perfect mirror.

So I'm starting this with a few quick proposals.

Reike, or laying on hands or energy healing is actually just force healing.

Spirits and astral guides are really just Force Ghosts.

Ascension is really the power over death and life, breaking reincarnation cycles.

Prophetic dreams and premonitions are really just Force Vision.

The list goes on and I want to grow it! I think miracles could be in here, Angel's, past lives, great strength like at a car crash. These are real life examples of the greater than life myths of humanity.

What else do you guys think?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #346422 by Gisteron
Didn't you recently say that angels do not exist? How come now there is a vacancy for them in your list of things that "we can clearly see" existing around us?

Also, how do you deal with the fact that none of the things listed so far have been confirmed through anything but anecdotes so far, but were disconfirmed to various degrees of confidence when ever rigorously tested for?

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #346423 by
Replied by on topic The Force powers as we know them
This is the metaphysics section. So enough Said there as I assume it is at least somewhat protected from debate responses like yours. As for the first thing about Angel's, I have already said Angel's and demons are just astral guides that have been named according to a specific tradition. But they spanned all realms. So for jedi they are force ghosts!
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #346444 by

Fyxe wrote: This is the metaphysics section. So enough Said there as I assume it is at least somewhat protected from debate responses like yours. As for the first thing about Angel's, I have already said Angel's and demons are just astral guides that have been named according to a specific tradition. But they spanned all realms. So for jedi they are force ghosts!

Unfortunately, paying close attention to where you're posting is mostly a way to try and narrow/tailor your audience, and by extension increase the likelihood of engaging with a "target audience", moreso than a general audience.

Questioning your post and assertions doesn't actually break from topic, or derail; he's not actually breaking any rules, so far, and none of the rules forbid debate or disagreement. There is no rule anywhere forbidding this kind of participation, your only reasonable option is to jsut not engage/respond, Fyxe (and no, that does not mean taking a deliberate and overt snipe at the subject of your ire, like calling attention to your decision to ignore, it means just moving on in response to others)

Now, as someone who doesn't subscribe to these ideas of yours, it's not really obvious to me. So far, what your describing just sounds like "This is what I choose to call this", which would make a little more sense.

A part of the friction, I think, is that your phrasing and presentation implies the assertion that the movies and such were real, and it's one of the common elements of this temple that we acknowledge that the "lore" is, in fact, fiction, and does not have to be real to inspire us. And, yes, to some extent, regardless of your audience, it is important to make sure you are communicating effectively, so as to be understood, and this IS your responsibility.

Regardless of your audience, it might be a good idea to occasionally review your information within the text as though you assumed there was at least one person in your audience who is new to the topic?

I'm a little curious about the statement that spirits are "Force Ghosts", since within the Lore, a true "Force Ghost", due to the nature of The Force in relation to any kind of "afterlife", is extremely rare (ones' identity vanishes entirely once returned to the Force, normally, as one merges completely in spirit, rather than becoming a smaller entity within a larger one), whereas in most modern cultures, spirits could actually be very common place, seen or unseen. How does your belief system reconcile this discrepancy, if we're to draw a connection between them?

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #346467 by steamboat28

Fyxe wrote: Reike [sic], or laying on hands or energy healing is actually just force healing.

Ascension is really the power over death and life, breaking reincarnation cycles.

The list goes on and I want to grow it! I think miracles could be in here, Angel's, past lives, great strength like at a car crash. These are real life examples of the greater than life myths of humanity.

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that Force Healing is just another form of energy healing? That Force Vision is really just dreams and premonitions? We categorize things by specificity.

To add to your discussion, however, here are a list of things that I believe I have witnessed, purely anecdotally, without any evidence with which to convince others:
  • Telepathy
  • Energy healing and rebalancing
  • Astral projection
  • The existence of spirits
  • Magick, or the use of the will to influence the environment

Does this help?
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by steamboat28.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Lykeios Little Raven, OB1Shinobi, Malicious

More
4 years 3 months ago #346469 by Rex
What do you think metaphysics means? Especially such that it would insulate you from people disagreeing

Even if we bracket aside the discussion of whether they exist, what makes you think that they should be called force powers as opposed to their current language?

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #346471 by
Ok guys lots of great responses and ideas!! Thanks so much. Ok let me try and address them!

Gist, already responded to you!

Kelrax, my goal is target audience. My secondary goal was minimizing useless debate. However I also never said it was not allowed or that I thought it was out of bounds so you have jumped to a bad conclusion.

These are the things I do choose to call them. As a jedi I want to ask you why you dont? Seems weird to me. I also never said movies actually happened. But the movies do show powers I think exist and according to my religion why would I not call them force powers?

Hope I have fulfilled MY responsibility in your eyes! :-)

Steamboat, no I dont think so. Energy healing is a secular term. As a jedi I want to use the terms of my chosen religion.

So telepathy is mind to mind communication right? So we see luke and leia do this in the second movie. What would it be called though?

Then force healing.

Then we see Luke do astral projection in the last movie. Not sure what this is called either?

Then force ghosts and force lightening I think!

More
4 years 3 months ago #346473 by steamboat28
Youre free to use whatever terms you'd like; that doesn't mean they're accurate. Reiki, for example, is a specific modality that is not Force healing, because Force healing is Force healing.

More
4 years 3 months ago #346476 by Alethea Thompson
Is there even a Force Healing methodology though? Can we really discuss Force Healing as a thing all to itself? Seems more like a cat hall phrase (I mean “The Force” was literally designed by Lucas TO be a catchall so you think on whether or not God exists)...

But seriously, what classified as Force Healing if we’ve never developed our own Jediism Force Healing tradition (not that it wasn’t talked about for ages, I know one person that was trying to learn all manner of Energy Healing traditions so she could develop one unique to the Jedi...she got so wrapped up in her training she never revisited the idea though).

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #346477 by

steamboat28 wrote:

Fyxe wrote: Reike [sic], or laying on hands or energy healing is actually just force healing.

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that Force Healing is just another form of energy healing? That Force Vision is really just dreams and premonitions? We categorize things by specificity.

To add to your discussion, however, here are a list of things that I believe I have witnessed, purely anecdotally, without any evidence with which to convince others:
  • Telepathy
  • Energy healing and rebalancing
  • Astral projection
  • The existence of spirits
  • Magick, or the use of the will to influence the environment

Does this help?

I'm in the same boat I have seen these things in denim but not trying to convince others have a

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi