Esoteric: "Feeling the Force"

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #189203 by OB1Shinobi

OB1Shinobi wrote: the darkness within man is a result of self reflection and self fixation

it comes from insecurity and fear which becomes selfishness and meanness

the only way to reconcile it is to break the chains of self reflection and self fixation

i wanted to add that two other ways of identifying the devils of the dark side of the self are as arrogance and resentment

these lead to all kinds of hells and miseries which we both suffer and impose

and they again are linked to self reflections

which i understand as the experience of placing definitive value judgements on the self in relation to others or others in relation to the self

and

the feeling of the self, and especially ones FEELINGS, as the single most important element of the moment

and self fixation

which i understand as self reflection internalized into a compulsion which becomes energetically draining and psychogically distorting

and result in all sorts of ideas about our entitlements and the unfairness of our persecutions
all of which twist us into spiritually ugly things

substantive increase in personal power is the worst possible thing that can happen to a person who does not have a healthy and effective means to address these issues

People are complicated.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #189231 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Esoteric: "Feeling the Force"
For me the dark side is a tangible representation of the subconscious 'dark' alter ego... it lives under an ice sheet for me and bust's through if I entertain the concept and give it power to emerge!!! Though I don't consider 'that' the Force so feeling that is just an exercise in a particular field of self power, and just a particular manifestation of my own power (and thus part of the Force). If seeing 'everything' as the Force, then 'feeling' it (the Force) becomes a more intimate and ethereal concept which is felt the most for me when disengaging the mechanism's of active perception and resting in passive perception ie prajñā, otherwise I try to direct access to the Force into my perception (spirit), proprioception (body) and processing (mind) not so much to 'feel' it but to let it filter into my conscious awareness as much as possible as insight (empathy), focus and hopefully wisdom.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #189328 by OB1Shinobi
negative emotions offer us insight into where we have room for growth

a lot of times our "darker" impulses are indicators of areas we need to address in a deliberate way

also, certain things are entirely instinctual or biological, like basic aggression and sex impulses

these aspects of ourselves are essentially healthy - we have them because we need them and they are good for us

its dangerous to try to completely deny or refuse something which is as integral to our nature as the ability to feel - or the ability to enjoy what we feel

these aspects of ourselves HAVE to be given an outlet,

there is no way to just eradicate our aggression or our sexuality without heavy medication or severe psychological distortion

so to say "i reject you" is misleading and dangerous

except for those specific words at the end i feel the video got it right and even the choice of words should be considered in the context of the preceding words and the visuals

and i think the last thing that wants me to say it is to point out that yoda realized he woukd never defeat the violent impulse with violence

also if you think about it, his dark self was not at war - it wanted only to be acknowledged really

what did it say- face me now or i will devour you

thats a demand for resolution imo much more than contention

People are complicated.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #189346 by OB1Shinobi
from the lens of what (admittedly little) that i understand of modern psyxhology, it could be/is said that religions REALLY are worshiping various aspects of human consciosness and experience - like "love" and war ect -

the gods were "really" parts of ourselves which are at their heart such powerful drives and forces over our lives that they may as well be gods; the idea that we FALL in love for instance, i mean most who have been really in love, especially if it didnt go too well can relate to the idea that different parts of ourselves have a way of just pretty much hijacking the rest of the system/person

well one way of looking at polytheism is that each of those "parts" was externalized, named, and revered as one of the gods

from this perspective it could be said that monotheism represents the integration of the whole personal psyche into a unified being

People are complicated.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi