TOTJO Certificate template test

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 2 months ago #91183 by Jestor
http://www.cafepress.com/totjo

Expires in case you... uh... lol, I wondered myself...

We should have a "contact us" for status of membership...

Active, inactive, suspended, excommunicated...etc, etc...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #91184 by
Why are there expiration dates? With the exception of Licensed Minister, clerical titles are irrevocable, aren't they? So why would the certificates expire?

As for someone in the States who would make and ship certificates, I'd volunteer if I knew better what I'd have to do. I could see there being an issue with me mailing them out to people, since I don't have clearance to access addresses.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #93013 by
An expiration date on a certificate can be good if the holder of said certificate should have his credentials revoked for whatever reason. Then he/she wouldn't be able to renew it and wouldn't be able to exploit the certificate. Most people will upon seeing a certificate never even think about verifying its authenticity in any way so an excommunicated minister (an example) could seriously hurt the image of the Temple if feeling vengeful and equipped with an old certificate.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #93016 by

Calem wrote: An expiration date on a certificate can be good if the holder of said certificate should have his credentials revoked for whatever reason. Then he/she wouldn't be able to renew it and wouldn't be able to exploit the certificate. Most people will upon seeing a certificate never even think about verifying its authenticity in any way so an excommunicated minister (an example) could seriously hurt the image of the Temple if feeling vengeful and equipped with an old certificate.

That's a very good point... though it would have to be balanced between this and our willingness to pay greater costs

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #93017 by
That is of course necessary, no doubt, I was only focused on the expiration date issue :)
Could you sum up the issues regarding the certificates and cost? That would be appreciated.

More
11 years 2 months ago #93018 by 666
Well
It's clear, expiration days are needed till we have some "contact us" to update anyones status if needed
Mine expired, and I would like to have new ones
So, who is in that?, cost?, delay? I am not in US now but, I have a US address to receive it anyway.
Thank you

Knight of Jediism
Ordained Deacon and Minister
Promoted and Ordained April 28, 2010

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #93019 by
The main cost issues would be printing and distribution. 1 certificate isn't too bad, but we have certificates for Knighting, Clerical promotions and achieving a higher degree in divinity (our degree scheme)

A letter sent 2nd class in the UK costs 50p. The certificates are A4 so they are a large letter, you need to put them with a cardboard backing and sent in a protective envelope. Say for sake of argument that that is another 50p. So it's £1 per certificate...

Lets just say that the prices are the same in America (I honestly don't know). We probably have 20 people waiting for certificates, that is at least £20 ($30 I think) in total costs. Most can be sent at once when overcoming back dating, I need a degree one and a clergy one so obviously send them both in the same envelope :P

You can see however just how it can start adding up... That doesn't mention overseas delivers to Germany etc (of course we have councillors in the US and UK so no need for Atlantic shipping)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #93021 by
That is a pickle but aren't people willing to pay the expenses themselves? I'd say that a £5 fee for getting your certificate is not only fair but considering what many others would charge it's cheap. Plus, it would (could) generate a little revenue for the Temple. Not that it's supposed to be a business but it's always nice to have a little gold in the corners of the vault.

More
11 years 2 months ago #93047 by 666
I pay for my fist one , and I like to pay for the new one too
There was a paypal account where we can send the cost in the past.

I am not asking for anything for free
If is 5, 15, or 25 dollars, easy... Let me know how much and paypal to send it.
Thx

Knight of Jediism
Ordained Deacon and Minister
Promoted and Ordained April 28, 2010

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi