Personal Sigils

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #193687 by
Personal Sigils was created by
First some background on what I do:

One thing I have always had a fascination with is cryptic and arcane symbolism. When I was deep into Neopaganism, I also did a small amount if reading into "Chaos Magick". At the time, it never made much sense to me and I lost interest, but one thing I did pick up was the concept of sigils. Essentially a sigil is a cryptic symbol symbol that is crafted for magickal purposes to convey an intent of will. They tend to be created by writing a statement of intent, and through varying methods, translating it into a more abstract sort of glyph. One would then dispose of the statement of intent, and use the sigil as a symbol with which to connect with the language of the subconscious - which is all about symbols rather than words - and bring about the intent on a subconscious level.

I found this practice very fascinating, though have never actually practiced it. However there is another kind of symbol, the personal sigil - a unique symbol that is usually generated from a practitioner's secret magickal name, that is often used to lend one's personal power to spell or ritual tools, or promote a deeper connection between one's individual Ego consciousness, and the deeper subconscious. I latched onto this idea, and began making personal sigils - one for myself, and also a few for friends. I'm not big on "secret" names, but I do use chosen names (such as usernames or aliases, or names taken on for spiritual reasons), and I create custom sigils for friends.

The great thing about a personal sigil, is although it may be created using one's name or alias, being at its heart a unique arcane symbol, it easily transcends the letters and names by which it was created. Therefore, if one at some point outgrew their screen-name (I've even made some using friends' Gamertags), they can still identify with the symbol itself, as its imagery channels not the Ego self, but rather the deeper levels of consciousness within a person, regardless of what name they use.

So at any rate, here you can see my personal sigil (which also now appears in my signature, and also another example of an early draft created for a gaming buddy. If anyone is curious or interested in having their own personal sigil let me know. I do them for free in between other things going on in my life, but I'' try my best to accommodate anyone who is interested.

May the Force be with you. :)

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by . Reason: Typo city.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #193688 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Re:Personal Sigils
Those are awesome! I've always loved those things but when I tired I never liked what I came up with. I'd love to see what you come up with for me! :D what do you need?
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #193690 by
Replied by on topic Re:Personal Sigils

Kamizu wrote: Those are awesome! I've always loved those things but when I tired I never liked what I came up with. I'd love to see what you come up with for me! :D what do you need?

Just send me a PM with the name you prefer to use if it isn't your current screen name, otherwise all I need is a little time. :)

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
8 years 10 months ago #193716 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Personal Sigils
Very interesting....:)

You don't need some personal info to make one?

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

More
8 years 10 months ago #193721 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Personal Sigils
I 'saw' this in a vision type of flash back in 2013, and drew it up;

Attachment h17996bd.png not found

Dunno what it means or what to do with it.... I should read up on it!!! Thanks for posting the topic!

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #193737 by
Replied by on topic Personal Sigils

Jestor wrote: Very interesting....:)

You don't need some personal info to make one?

It could help I suppose, although it does run a bit of a risk as well. With details as such, I could attempt to infuse that into the sigil, but I can never have the experience of being you (at least not in this life) and would most likely imbue it with my own mistaken assumptions about you based on merely partial facts due to how little we know each other. In such cases I tend to just trust my instincts and let the hands do the work, that way it is YOU who ends up having full authority over imbuing your essence into the symbols, and not a second hand translation. For long time friends it's much easier to get it right while taking personality into account, as we have very much come in sync with each other in most cases.

EDIT: That having been said, if you have any doubts, I can teach you my method if you like.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #193739 by

Adder wrote: I 'saw' this in a vision type of flash back in 2013, and drew it up;

Attachment h17996bd.png not found

Dunno what it means or what to do with it.... I should read up on it!!! Thanks for posting the topic!

Interesting. Perhaps you should meditate on it as well (assuming that you haven't yet already).

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #193849 by
Just an update: I currently have rough drafts finished for Adi Vas and Kamizu. This evening I'll be working on notes for the IP, but when that is finished I intend to begin the refinement processes for those two and start work on a 1st draft for Jestor.

I am honored to know that my skills are considered of value by others. :)

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #193864 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Personal Sigils
I made a bindrune some time ago that functions similarly:

Warning: Spoiler!

but I've not yet taken the time to craft a more..."modern"...arcane sigil. Maybe this is something I should do. Or maybe I should ask politely if you would try one first.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by steamboat28.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #193876 by

steamboat28 wrote: I made a bindrune some time ago that functions similarly:

Warning: Spoiler!

but I've not yet taken the time to craft a more..."modern"...arcane sigil. Maybe this is something I should do. Or maybe I should ask politely if you would try one first.

At the moment I only have the resources to have three works in progress, but I can put you next in line if you like. :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi