Jedi Gay Tolerance?

More
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #20305 by Br. John
Jedi Gay Tolerance? was created by Br. John
We all know that TOTJO does not discriminate against homosexuals. The issue is about promoting gay tolerance so that society no longer has any prejudice and eliminating homophobia.

The problem is that if we succeed in eliminating ALL prejudice against homosexuals then EVERYBODY is going to want to be one.

Due to the implications this would have on society I call for a serious and frank discussion on the matter.

So close to Jesus the Trinity is considering making us a Quartet.

Br. John+
Sr. Pastor

Founder of The Order
Last edit: 15 years 5 months ago by Br. John.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #20306 by
Replied by on topic Re:Jedi Gay Tolerance?
Well... on a bigger scale, the world being 75% over populated (in terms of sustainable human populous) iss homosexuality such a bad idea? it may well certainly help reduce the population, and if other scientifically backed up theories prove to be fully realise, ie the oestrogen in the the environment being such that increased feminine traits in otherwise male creatures (fish, mammals and birds to be specific, reptiles and many amphibians sex is determined largely by ambient temperature of the surrounding of the immature young.

The statement previous suggest that the day could come that heterosexuals become the minority and thus 'minority' (for want of a better description).

But here is a thought, would there not be a transition stage? if so, bi-sexuality would then become the norm... shock horror... actually no... the Romans, the Greek and the Spartan civilisations are among the many where bisexuality was the norm. But these points aside, nature has its way, we as creatures tend to not be accustomed to the realisation that evolution is an ever present, but on going process and we are not going to notice any significant transitions. This sort of thing would take many many generations for a quantitative difference in sexual behaviour in our species as a whole (no puns intended) and thus each generation of Jedi would have a different set of prejudices to be concerned with.

Quite frankly, unless all humans were identical clones and all the same sex, (as in the movie clones) humans will always find a reason to be intolerant of another group and failing that, we'd find a reason to turn attention to something else.

For the record, im strictly heterosexual, but in terms of homosexuality, each to their own, as long as no one forces anything on others then its no one else's business what consenting adults get up to in the privacy of their homes.

Just my rather boring take on the matter

MTFBWY - A
Last edit: 15 years 5 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago #20307 by
The issue here really is one of tolerance and equal rights. While I have no interest in their lifestyle, I do believe that is not a standard by which their rights should be judged by. The rights that a person has been granted by a government do have conditions. The logical criterion is citizenship. The usual actions that should affect that are criminal in nature. Even criminal activity requires proof and judgment before rights are abridged.

A persons orientation is not a factor that should be under consideration when determining the rights they have. Whether or not we like, or agree with any of their personal business, it is not something I believe should dictate their status under the law.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago #20308 by
humans have a natural tendency to be prejudiced it seems. I mean look at prop 8 here in California me and my friends no seem to be second class citizens. And here i thought our constitution wasn't meant to have discrimination in it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago #20309 by
no was meant to be now

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago #20310 by
I don't consider heterosexuality or homosexuality a choice or a lifestyle. True, there are societal norms, but a person's preferences are something they're born with. No one has total control over who they love.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago #20311 by
Eliminating all prejudice against gays, in my opinion, wouldn't necessarily cause everyone to desire to become homosexual, but perhaps be more open minded to it, perhaps find a happy medium between it (bisexual).
Also, I think people would have a natural tendency to be straight because that is how babies are formed.
And when it comes to prop 8, its the same thing as 40 some years ago, with African American rights. One group of people who are descriminated against by the majority of the country, denied their consitutional rights, and who will eventually become free like everyone else.
Which brings me to exhibit B: One of the reasons why African Americans full rights were not given to them was because many people were afraid of interracial marridges, which would in turn cause African populations to increase, and perhaps even become the majority of the country. Back to today, I can't name more than four interracial couples who I know of off the top of my head. QED, if you compare interracial couples with gay couples, I don't think

When it comes to deciding what I am, I know this topic won't influence me.

p.s. Sorry If some of that didn't read quite clearly, I am tired and an a 'rambling mood' :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago #20312 by
I don't think we should take a stand. Personally I dont think how the world or anyone for that matter looks at sexual preference. Jedi's are defenders of peace, bottom line.

Taking a stand only mean becoming involved in a conflict. Until that conflict threatens humanity or some other species chance at existence, frankly, I won't care what the argument is.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago #20313 by
We Should take a stand, As Jedi, we are Guardians of The Peace, Defenders of Justice, and The Voice of Liberty, and Equality. Denying a Homosexual or Bisexual Civil Rights, is no better than Denying a Black person Civil Rights, or a Woman. If we do not Stand up and fight against Injustice, how can we possibly claim to have any moral grounds to say anything? It makes us look like Hypocrites if we don't. Also, A.L.M. It's obvious from paying attention to anti-gay groups that they won't stop at denying marriage, most of these groups want nothing less than the execution of Homosexuals everywhere, and bisexuals, and then anyone who's habits or preferences different from what they decide is acceptable. this would mean an Undoing of the sexual revolution, a movement which brought an era of tolerance and understanding. with this kind of tyranny, you cannot afford to give one inch! not one INCH! we must take a stand against Homosexual prejudice, and ALL prejudice everywhere! we should not only tolerate, but actively fight for gay rights. Equality must be achieved. May The Force Be With You, Always

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago #20315 by
A.L.M. wrote:

I don't think we should take a stand. Personally I dont think how the world or anyone for that matter looks at sexual preference. Jedi's are defenders of peace, bottom line.

Taking a stand only mean becoming involved in a conflict. Until that conflict threatens humanity or some other species chance at existence, frankly, I won't care what the argument is.

Yes, Jedi are guardians of the peace, but they are also guardians of JUSTICE. Also, this conflict does threaten humanity because there are innocent people being murdered due to their sexual orientations.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi