Jedi Gay Tolerance?

More
15 years 5 months ago #20449 by Br. John
Dear A.L.M,

What am I doing except talking about it? I could not vote on Prop 8 since I live in Texas but I did donate money to the NO to Prop 8 group. I support the ACLU who is fighting it in court. I write to legislators supporting civil rights. I preach / teach about it not being a choice just like being right handed or left handed and that there is no such thing as a gay agenda to recruit new members.

I know several people that through knowing me are now not afraid or have lost their misconceptions of homo / bisexuals.

If you have any suggestions I'm listening.

Br. John+

p.s. How about founding a church that has no issues about women and gay clergy? Does that count?

Founder of The Order

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago #20450 by
As far as the Westboro Baptist Cult is concerned, I already mentioned a course of action, ALM. We can, and will organize counter-protests. We can, and will show people that there is an alternative to the hate spread by their ilk.

Ad Br. John just pointed out, his specialty is in writing. He is good at legal jargon, and can write in a manner that will gain the attention of those in the legislative community. He doesn't have alot of money to spare, but he does donate what he can to the causes we stand for. We also seek to educate... not only ourselves, but any who are willing to seek it.

Other Jedi have other areas of expertise. Some, like myself, are good at organizing activities, or carrying out a plan of action. Every Jedi has something which they are good at that can be adapted to their duties.

We also show this through our day-to-day activities in our personal lives. Yes, more action needs to be taken, but we also must take it one step at a time.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago #20451 by
well I got a sailboat. You let me know where you need me Master Kyp or Br. John, I'm down.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago #20460 by
....maybe we can get Lucas to Reveal that Obi-wan was gay?lol

seriously, the best thing we can do is to protest, and talk, the silver tongue does aggravated damage to Hate Lupines. and Like the Battle against the Church of Scientology (a personal crusade I encourage you all to Join me In) This is a War fought with words, and messages. our Swords, Our Guns, in this war, our Lightsabers are our words, are public support of civil rights groups, write your congressman, Senator, legislator, parliamentary Representative about this. write to magazines and newspapers and blogs, and get published, get the Voice of The Jedi out there to say \"WE STAND AGAINST INTOLERANCE!\" never cease the cry, never stop. never pause. do not hesitate, do not let up, until we can be certain, that we have done what we have set out to do! or Ultimate goal,( in the states at least) should be a constitutional Ban on Discriminating against another for Race,Gender, Sexual Orientation, Ethnicity or Religion.or if one already exists, then an enforcement of enforcement of said ban. I shall stand, I shall Fight, and will not stop even should my mouth go dry and my typing fingers crack and break, arthritis and carpal tunnel warping my hands, or my eyes go blind. I will not stop or surrender until they drag my bloodied corpse from my soapbox! I will fight until I am in my 80's! and my last breathe will be a word against hate! WHO STANDS WITH ME!!!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago #20477 by
Replied by on topic Re:Jedi Gay Tolerance?
I Do!!!!!! this type of intolerance is totally uneccessary. They sit around and talk about how this nation is becoming worse and worse, and they are the true cause of it, spreading hate and lies when they should be spreading peace and the truth. We cannot change them but we can at least alert them to their wrong doings and them being aware i think is even a step in the right direction, because i dont think most of them are even aware that they are causing so much hurt.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi