I pay, therefore i am

More
8 years 2 months ago #218462 by Yugen
I pay, therefore i am was created by Yugen

Attachment hcf9acdc.jpeg not found

The gates before existance?

TOTJO Novice

Yugen (幽玄): is said to mean “a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe… and the sad beauty of human suffering”

IP Journal
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben, Alexandre Orion, Amaya, Cyan Sarden

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #218531 by Cyan Sarden
Replied by Cyan Sarden on topic I pay, therefore i am

Bareus wrote:

Attachment hcf9acdc.jpeg not found

The gates before existance?

The sad thing being that this has a place in the humour corner as well as in the philosophy or Jediism section. We live in a society, in which human life is assigned a monetary value. E.g. I incidentally read an article in a Swiss newspaper today, titled "that's how much a traffic accident victim costs" (hint: it's 5 million $ - that's how much the Swiss federal statistics department has calculated a general person would be willing to invest in making traffic so much safer that on less person dies per year).

The same discussion can also be found in the context of health care: if you don't pay up, you don't get treated and you die - which actually gives the misprinted sign a quite literal meaning :-/

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locksley, Alexandre Orion, Yugen

More
8 years 2 months ago #218547 by Yugen
Replied by Yugen on topic I pay, therefore i am
Ah yes, i agree with you. One thing that separates rich from poor is health care, the rich can get care faster because they can pay for it and they also CAN pay for it while other people may not even afford health care. It's the same with dental care, the rich gets good care while the poor don't because they can't afford it, so they may sometimes not get the care they need, a shame that our modern society are that way

TOTJO Novice

Yugen (幽玄): is said to mean “a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe… and the sad beauty of human suffering”

IP Journal

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi