about Padawan

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #158707 by
about Padawan was created by
So far, I'm still a Guest here. Hopefully I'm can be Novince and Initiate. Does Member and Novince are the same?
Novince, Initiate and Apprentice are Padawan of Jedi.. so, do they have rat braid???

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #158708 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic about Padawan
A Novice is a member who has started the Initiate Programme.

(Jestor, or someone, correct me if I'm wrong) Your rank changes to Novice when you have completed Lesson 1, Part 1.

An Initiate is someone who has completed the Initiate Programme.

An Apprentice is an Initiate who has a training Master.

We don't use the word Padawan at TotJO (and no to the braid).

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Edan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, MCSH,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #158709 by
Replied by on topic about Padawan
I'm going to pull a couple quotes from our FAQ. If you have further questions, I strongly suggest you check it out: here .

Temple Member - Status
An individual who has completed a valid Application and taken a valid Simple Oath. A Temple member must be at least thirteen years of age (13) and those under the age of eighteen (18) must have parental permission to join.

Novice - Rank
A Temple Member who is currently studying the Initiate Programme.

Like I said, you should check out the FAQ and let us know if you have any questions that aren't covered there.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by .

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #158720 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic about Padawan

Edan wrote: An Apprentice is an Initiate who has a training Master.

Not quite, there is a bit of a difference. An Apprentice is a member who has reached an agreement with a training master of rank Knight or higher to a period of training that in itself requires much more time and energy to complete than the Initiates program, with the goal of becoming one day Knighted, with the understanding that once Knighted, there is a sense of obligation or service in the form of representing the temple as well as taking on apprentices of their own.

Of course this is not contractually obligatory, but more of a mutual agreement, much like the one between the apprentice and their master.

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Edan, ,

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #158723 by Breeze el Tierno
Replied by Breeze el Tierno on topic about Padawan
Most of this is an issue of translation. We've missed the most important question.

What gives with the padawan braid?
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Breeze el Tierno. Reason: spelling
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick

More
9 years 6 months ago #158725 by Zenchi
I was merely expanding upon the description of the Apprentice...

The Description for Padawan from "The great Wiki" is this...

" Jedi Padawan: A Youngling who successfully completes training is given a second-class education and then undergoes Padawan training under the tutelage of Mentor (usually a Jedi Knight or Jedi Master). They are also called "Apprentices" and "Padawan learners". As a rite of passage and the final test before the trials to knighthood, Padawans must build their own lightsabers. In the Old Republic, Padawans usually wore a hair braid on the right side of their head which was removed with a lightsaber upon attaining knighthood. They also served as Commanders in the Clone Wars. The term Padawan appears to originate in Sanskrit and can be understood as “learner," both in Sanskrit and by contemporary native speakers of Sanskrit-based languages."

The braid (although I may be wrong) has no historical relevance, and is probably no more than a part of an aesthetic within the fictional universe created by Lucas, which is probably why the TOTJO does not utilize it, as there is a constant effort to place as much space between the TOTJO and the fiction, as Jediism is NOT a religion of Star Wars...

Passion, yet Serenity
TM- RyuJin

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #158726 by
If I had to wear that ugly rat tail braid then I would be having words with the Council. :laugh:

More
9 years 6 months ago #158728 by Zenchi
At least you have the hair for it (I'm assuming you do), you could at least hide it, :lol:

Passion, yet Serenity
TM- RyuJin

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 6 months ago #158731 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic about Padawan
:lol: actually they have to keep their hair short while they have the braid...and only human padawans had it....some sort of symbolic chain to their past as an untrained jedi that is cut when they become a fully trained jedi (or more correctly burned :lol: )

Nothing like the smell of burned hair :lol:

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #158734 by

RyuJin wrote: :lol: actually they have to keep their hair short while they have the braid...and only human padawans had it....some sort of symbolic chain to their past as an untrained jedi that is cut when they become a fully trained jedi (or more correctly burned :lol: )

Nothing like the smell of burned hair :lol:

Sure that you like that smell :blink: though it can be fun to try new things :woohoo:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi