Chi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #93894 by
Replied by on topic Re: Chi

maynoth wrote: No it's no cop out Rick

I have good evidence for what I am talking about, if you'd like to examine it you are free to PM me Rickie.

I knew you'd say that.

Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #93925 by

Rickie The Grey wrote:
I knew you'd say that.

Is having a private discussion about this topic, really that difficult?

Most of the time when done in private it remains a lot more civil than if 10,000 trolls join in and it turns into a food fight. People individually are usually pretty nice, as a community though the dynamics of the discussion change dramatically, mob mentalities and lynchings are common.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 2 months ago #93927 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: Chi

maynoth wrote: . People individually are usually pretty nice, as a community though the dynamics of the discussion change dramatically, mob mentalities and lynchings are common.

I actually have a couple apprenticeship lessons on that...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #93934 by

RyuJin wrote:

maynoth wrote: . People individually are usually pretty nice, as a community though the dynamics of the discussion change dramatically, mob mentalities and lynchings are common.

I actually have a couple apprenticeship lessons on that...

I'd like to say I speak from experience.

Presented on a case by case basis, usually it is civil, and short. You either accept the evidence as evidence, or you don't.

In a public forum a sort of snow ball lynch mob mentality begins to manifest, and I don't back down even against a community of 500+.

I dedicated 3 months of my life to a series of debates on reddit, after /r/skeptic picked up on a post in /r/martial arts that I made and invaded.

In a community like this such wouldn't be tolerated, and I wouldn't expect it to be.

Speaking with people one on one is usually straight forward and low drama, engaging a community is not.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #93952 by
I just haven't seen much like this. I think things are pretty well moderated. I haven't seen you abused. I have seen you assert you views though. Perhaps that rubs some people the wrong way? Have you thought about how you presnt yourself and how it may be received by others. You do come across assertivly with you opinions and not so accepting of others. Then you go say talk to me in PMs because I can't talk about thisin public.

Just something to think about.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #93961 by

Rickie The Grey wrote: I just haven't seen much like this. I think things are pretty well moderated. I haven't seen you abused. I have seen you assert you views though. Perhaps that rubs some people the wrong way? Have you thought about how you presnt yourself and how it may be received by others. You do come across assertivly with you opinions and not so accepting of others. Then you go say talk to me in PMs because I can't talk about thisin public.

Just something to think about.

I've got a very thick skin, I can take it. Others however, not so much.

I am assertive, but I would imagine that if anyone else had actually seen and experienced what I have they themselves would be just as resolved to try and tell others about it.

I come from an Atheist/Skeptic background, and I had my paradigms crushed into a million tiny pieces.

I always told others if I was given proof, I'd change my beliefs accordingly.

It's one thing to say that, it's another to get your mouth stuffed full of crow.

So at my heart I still see myself in this sort of rational skeptic mindset, I only accept that for which I've seen good evidence for, in my case evidence I've experienced directly.

The skeptics see me as a newage whackjob, and the newage guys are as annoyed if not more so with me than a hardcore skeptic.

I am in the unique position to upset everyone lol.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #93997 by

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 2 months ago #94004 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Chi

maynoth wrote:

Oh maynoth...

You kill me!

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #94042 by

Jestor wrote:

maynoth wrote:

Oh maynoth...

You kill me!

:D lol I found it funny too :D