Hello, I'm Chance Argo, and I am a sugar addict.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 day ago #14239 by
As of yesterday, I have lost 60 pounds since November.
Sixty.
Six. Zero.

:woohoo:

Back in October, we got me a tux jacket for me to wear for the show we were doing then. It *just* fit me.
SO...This month, we're trying to outfit me for this show, using the same jacket.
I'm swimmin' in it, folks.
So my wife goes thru the closet to find something else, and finds the double-breasted navy jacket that used to be my fave...until it wouldn't fit anymore...'round when I was in college.
Fits great now!
Our Costume Designer says I'm a 'ladykiller' in it.
I'm gonna wear it to take my wife out from now on.

(BTW, the show is going great, this is our second weekend of performances, and we're SRO.

So, yay!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 1 day ago #14241 by Br. John
That's wonderful. What show are y'all doing?

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 22 hours ago #14275 by
Alright, that i so great. Hey, does this mean we should be expecting new pics soon????? :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 18 hours ago #14284 by
The show is \"The Sound of Music\"; I'm playing Max.
Closing night was last night, and it went GREAT. Our Captain was a little hoarse, but he powered thru it and was terrific.
My whole family is involved; my wife is the stage manager, her brother is her assistant, my stepdaughter is Brighitta, my stepson plays a puppet, my father-in-law is Herr Zeller, and my mother-in-law is one of the chief nuns. And they were all Awe. Some.

Hopelully pics soon. My co-actor has a lot on her Myspace page; her username is ditzydaze.

Oh, and my daughter had her theater debut last night; she was a last-minute addition to the 'puppets'
:woohoo:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 18 hours ago #14285 by

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #15498 by
269 this morning.
And, Lo and Behold, I have abs again!
WOOT!
Okay, okay, they need a lot of toning; I'm workin' on it.
but still,
WOOT!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 6 months ago #19173 by
Wow, has it been all summer that I haven't posted in this.
Yeesh.
Probably 'cuz I've been plateaued at about 280 all summer.
Still better than 333, though! :)

But, now that it's no longer too hot to go exercise outdoors, maybe I can jumpstart my metabolism again.

In other news...
My stepson just joined the Boy Scouts (as a Webelo) and is lovin' it. Hopefully it will instill some of the values we've been trying to teach him.

Mindy and I have joined the Methodist Church of which our director is the pastor. The congregation is in danger of being shut down, and he needs our help, so we have joined to lend our support. (we share very similar spiritual views, and there is little, if anything, in his sermons that conflict with our beliefs, and plus, we just like the guy.)

speaking of the theatre, we are in the midst of auditions for our new production of \"It's a Wonderful Life\". Though Forrest feels the role of Clarence is 'tailor-made' for me, I'd love to play Potter (I've never played a villain, and I want to grow as an actor).

And, oh yes, Mindy and I are (finally!) getting married next month!
YAY!!!

Plus, we're back with the Texarkana Regional Chorale (by invitation, I might add), rehearsing Beethoven's 9th.

So, yeah...life's good. Busy, but good.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 6 months ago #19174 by
WOW thats great!Very happy to see that things are working out for you ^.^

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 6 months ago #19175 by
IT is good to hear from you again Master Chance. Congratulations on your impending marriage and good luck with the play and chorale.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago #19941 by
Okay...wedding craziness over and done with.
Mindy and I temporarily went off our diets for the week before and after the wedding. We are back on the diet now. You would think that getting only two weeks' worth of sugar and carbs would not be as bad as, say, a lifetime's worth, but it's the 3rd day of detox, and we're starting to feel it anyway.
(Our mood is improved by the results of the election, though!)
This, and a little more activity, should get me off of this plateau. Even though, as I said at the beginning of this, that this diet was never about the weight, I did set a goal for myself (down to at least 245). We currently don't have a scale in the house; we're trying to save up so we don't have to get a cheap one that breaks every two months (:P). Still, it's been almost a year since I started this. That's the longest I've EVER. Stuck to a regiment like this.
I'm optimistic and hopeful today.
I'm trying to keep my mind occupied as well, by participating in the NaNoWriMo contest this year.
For now, gotta go put laundry thru.
MTFBWUA

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi