Hello, I'm Chance Argo, and I am a sugar addict.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 2 months ago #10807 by
Well I'm 6'2\", so my ideal weight is probably around 230 (plus or minus). I'd even settle for 245.
At this rate (barring any plataeus), I imagine I'll hit that right around June-ish.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 2 months ago #10825 by
well, that is just fantastic news. keep up the good work and May The Force Be With You!

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 2 months ago #10838 by Jon
Well done Chance! These are also words of encouragement for each one of us on his/her personal war path.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 2 months ago #10850 by
it's a tough battle you fight my friend- addictions come in many types and varieties, but you recognize your problem; and actively want to change for the better. Your bravery is an inspirations to those who have addictions they are trying to quit (i'm trying to cut out coffee).

may the force be with you.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 2 months ago #10868 by
I can promise you, if you quit cold turkey the 3rd and 4th day will be the hardest, and you will feel like crap. I broke myself of the addiction a few years ago (and i am only 23, lol) but it was also soda. Now though i can have soda without feeling like crap a few days later. I should stop with the caffiene though.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 2 months ago #10876 by
Chance, you have undertaken a great project. It is for your benefit only. These are the hardest to shoulder, you have to please yourself. If you are like me, then you are constantly driving yourself more and more.

I am glad you are making such good progress. Keep us informed on your struggles.

What is your next goal? Some mountains never fully get climbed, keep on keepin on! You can't have no in your heart!

MTFBWY!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #12140 by
I DIDN'T POST AT ALL LAST MONTH?!
Yeeeeeesh.
Okay, as of today, scale reads 285. Progress continues.
Exercise routine got interrupted due to that Mack Truck of a flu bug that's hittin' all of us. Easing myself back into it. That, work, and the show have been keeping me pretty busy.
I have to remind myself that the food addiction is why I started this. But truthfully, that part's gotten really easy. I don't even get hungry sometimes! If I do get munchies, I reach for the pork rinds (0 carbs), and it's enough. But food's just not as big an issue as it was a few months ago. Don't get me wrong, I still love to cook. But I can cook stuff like mashed potatoes and biscuits and waffles and stuff like that for the kids, and not crave it; I'm not even tempted to sneak anything.
Still undecided on a target weight. I was going for 230, but my wife says I could even try for 200.
-Chance

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 weeks ago #13004 by
Weight can fluctuate a few pounds back and forth during the course of the day, so I've taken to weighing myself first thing in the morning so I have a baseline.
This morning, 279.
Almost the weight I was back in High School.
Many different flavors of Awesome.
Easter candy? Not even that big a temptation.
-Chance

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 weeks ago #13008 by
Im right there with you brother! I know how it feels to want to eat junk food and trying to lose weight...heres a thing I know u can eat the food you want to eat but in moderations.

MTFBWY

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 weeks ago #13185 by
Slow and steady progress Chance, that's the best kind and it seems that's just what your doing. Your doing great yet remember that it's not a diet, it's a change of lifestyle.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi