Temple Crisis Hotline

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #173852 by
Replied by on topic Temple Crisis Hotline
Wonderful most excellent stuff. How do we make it simple for those in need? This world wide stuff could be confusing to those tuning on the WWW from anywhere in the world? I think.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #173856 by Alexandre Orion
Rickie ...

We are a World organisation. We'll provide what we can. We will have to let the person in difficulty know enough to contact an agency near them.

If the crisis is so severe that the person in, say Ecuador, rings up a care centre in Germany because they just don't know better -- we can't do much about that.

:dry:

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img

More
9 years 4 months ago #173859 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Temple Crisis Hotline

Alexandre Orion wrote: Rickie ...

We are a World organisation. We'll provide what we can. We will have to let the person in difficulty know enough to contact an agency near them.

If the crisis is so severe that the person in, say Ecuador, rings up a care centre in Germany because they just don't know better -- we can't do much about that.

The international site for Samaritans that I posted is a good place to start for anyone in many countries if we don't have links for their specific country.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Alexandre Orion,

More
9 years 4 months ago #173862 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Temple Crisis Hotline
Also....

International Association for Suicide Prevention..

Select a continent, then a country and it gives you the number for a crisis centre.

https://www.iasp.info/resources/Crisis_Centres/

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Breeze el Tierno

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #173864 by

Alexandre Orion wrote: Rickie ...

Exactly that is why I feel were should be cautious . This is very very good thing. Lets be cautious that's all. Let just just go slow. We are a small community. It's not time to take on the world yet.

From the acorn the great oak grows. :)

More
9 years 4 months ago #173865 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Temple Crisis Hotline
I posted this before but could not find where... and I thought it useful;

https://www.ruok.org.au/how-to-ask

.... and from the same site a great list for Australian specific links;
https://www.ruok.org.au/find-help

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 4 months ago #174022 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Temple Crisis Hotline
Thought this was interesting. A "warm" line to help people feel heard without the pressure of being qualified to deal with potential crisis (which we shouldnt be anyway)

Warning: Spoiler!

http://www.sfgate.com/health/article/Mental-health-warm-line-offers-reassurance-5945704.php

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, , Breeze el Tierno

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #174024 by

Brenna wrote: Thought this was interesting. A "warm" line to help people feel heard without the pressure of being qualified to deal with potential crisis (which we shouldnt be anyway)

Warning: Spoiler!

http://www.sfgate.com/health/article/Mental-health-warm-line-offers-reassurance-5945704.php

I really feel like this is more along the lines of what a temple crisis hotline would be. Then, if the situations are beyond just that then the person responding should have easy access to a list of places to get additional help. Great post. B)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #174028 by
That would still leave us with the issue of who would respond and how would we make sure they don't get overwhelmed.

More
9 years 4 months ago #174030 by Breeze el Tierno
If a few people volunteered, a small team could do it. Two or three? Who is responsible for the line. One might send a request to volunteer to that person.

I am assuming that people submitting to the Warm Line will be anonymous. Will people responding on the warm line be anonymous also? Just curious.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi