Light Saber Training (so to speak)

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 7 months ago #74723 by RyuJin
ah but they say professional wrestling isn't real either....but it doesn't stop people from getting seriously injured....even well choreagraphed stage fighting can be adapted to the real world if you have enough creativity and common sense...i've never larped, but i can still see value in it...just as i can see how modified professional wrestling can be lethal....as we said in bootcamp...adapt and overcome

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #74730 by

RyuJin:

ah but they say professional wrestling isn't real either....but it doesn't stop people from getting seriously injured....even well choreagraphed stage fighting can be adapted to the real world if you have enough creativity and common sense...i've never larped, but i can still see value in it...just as i can see how modified professional wrestling can be lethal....as we said in bootcamp...adapt and overcome

Yes, people can get hurt larp fighting, but it is not the same. And you can't compare it to professional wrestling vs real wrestling. It's more like backyard wrestling where the people simple mimic the moves with no training. Here is one I think we can agree on. It's like some going through boot camp with no drill instuctors. they do the motions but don't get the true feeling of it.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago #75454 by
I was thinking about this a bit. The SCA and LARP are not martial arts. They are outlets for the usage of martial arts.

It COULD BE a place to learn the martial arts of europe only if you hook up with a group or individual that already does study it. It is simply an opportunity to put forth what ever training you do, but does not have any martial teachings of its own. There fore, SCA is not a martial art.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #79760 by
Hey There, as far as literal Light Saber training I know of a pretty decent resource if you are interested. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111310/7%20Forms%20of%20Lightsaber%20Combat.pdf

that is a little information on the saber training and the different forms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr3f28BgBRU&list=PL89FD30F9F512416E&feature=plcp

and that is a little help on learning the first of the forms

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi