Parkour

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #12389 by
Replied by on topic Re:Parkour
Parkour looks like freedom to me. To not be limited by the paths everyone travels. It is beautiful, perhaps the closest we two leged land animals can get to flying without devises.

Now for the downer. In france and parts of Europe and maybe the UK (not sure about UK) this is legal but in America doing it is public places is illegal. For the most part because people sue everyone out here and they are trying to minimize that. Sucks, i know. But it shouldn't stop people from practicing. I just don't know where you would.

Disclaimer thingy: The Temple doesn't encourage any illegal behavior of any kind.

With that said i am thinking of trying it out. I need to loose some weight. :D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #12396 by
i absolutely love parkour, i started about 4 years ago and it is great!
not much substance in this post but im goin to lunch XP

pce

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #12398 by
I do believe that here in the UK there are actually Parkour lessons. I think it was introduced as a way of getting youngsters to go out and have fun running around cities with no limits. That was on the news about a year and a half ago, I have no more information on that subject on the Uk front sorry. But I think it is legal here.

More
16 years 1 month ago #12400 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re:Parkour
Parkour
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Parkour (sometimes abbreviated to PK) or l'art du déplacement (English: the art of displacement) is an activity with the aim of moving from one point to another as efficiently and quickly as possible, using principally the abilities of the human body. It is meant to help one overcome obstacles, which can be anything in the surrounding environment — from branches and rocks to rails and concrete walls — and can be practiced in both rural and urban areas.

Parkour practitioners are referred to as traceurs, or traceuses for females.

Founded by David Belle in France, parkour focuses on practicing efficient movements to develop one's body and mind to be able to overcome obstacles in an emergency.

There is no record of it being illegal anywhere.

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #12456 by
Wow! That looked amazing. I fear that I will need a speeding car to get away while you younger Jedi scale walls and dazel your opponents. Which of course gives me MORE time to get away!!!!! B)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #12475 by
LOL, well i was thinking about this and i think a great way to get jumping would be the most basic thing that most little girls do, Jump rope. I think you could start with the basic jumping rope and the switch to the more complicated things, even learning to jump hirer and swinging the rope under you a number of times. I believe that would help you learn to jump hirer and more often.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi