Parkour

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7255 by
Parkour was created by
This what i have been doing for a year now.
I think this is something, that would really give a bonus to every jedi who masters this art. You will need and gain high concentration, focus, accuracy and speed.
Also, this sport is not something you will learn from a trainer or a master. Most people who do parkour, have started on their own. (as i)
The reason is - its freerunning. There are no rules or limits. No strick style. Everyone just start with simpler things and go more to harder and harder. Mainly it trains your legs and arms. But also the whole body.
I suggest you all to do alot of normal running and pushups before you go to some tough landscapes.

An intruducing video i found from youtube.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WEeqHj3Nj2c

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7257 by
Replied by on topic Re:Parkour
And an awesome introduction it is. Anyone that trys this must keep in mind the dangers of it as well. You try something too advanced for you and you are going to get severly hurt or killed. Baby steps are needed. Thank you for this intro, Matal.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 7 months ago #7258 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Parkour
Justice wrote:

And an awesome introduction it is. Anyone that trys this must keep in mind the dangers of it as well. You try something too advanced for you and you are going to get severly hurt or killed. Baby steps are needed. Thank you for this intro, Matal.

...haha, too true Master Jeff. I would go so far as too say that I am too old for this. Unfortunately! Oh well....

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7259 by
My old Master in Taekwondo said it best:

“A beginner does not focus on being a skilled martial artist within a month or two, as a strong foundation in Taekwondo must be built first. Trying to advance beyond your level without proper guidance is like building a house on concrete that has not dried. Though the house may still stand, the foundation would not be as strong and the appearance of the house may not be as presentable.”

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 7 months ago #7260 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Parkour
Twsoundsoff wrote:

My old Master in Taekwondo said it best:

“A beginner does not focus on being a skilled martial artist within a month or two, as a strong foundation in Taekwondo must be built first. Trying to advance beyond your level without proper guidance is like building a house on concrete that has not dried. Though the house may still stand, the foundation would not be as strong and the appearance of the house may not be as presentable.”

...sounds very familiar...
\"And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house upon the sand.\" (Mt. 7,26)

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7263 by
Yes! I also agree. I train all year for one race we have here in Flint Michigan. It's called the Crim and it's a ten mile run. This was my third year running it. But my 1st year we started buy a run- walk program to get your body uesd to running. You run for 2 min then walk for a min keep that going for your whole run, Until you just don't have to or need to walk any more.

NICE CALL MATAL

MTFBWY

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7359 by
i have been training with parkour for about half a year now. PK is not only a physical fitness activity it is a discipline. it is the art of moving smoothly and fluidly through your enviorment. Its purpose is to get from Point A to Point B as quickly and smoothly as possible. parkour is a skill that benifits me because rooftops are my favorite place to meditate :P

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7581 by
Parkour is awesome.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7582 by
Parkour is very impressive. They are starting to use alot of that in movies now. Running is not really my strong suit, especially long distances. But I would definitely like to try parkour.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #12374 by
parkour is definatly impresive, as well as pratical and fun. i'v dabiled in the art the past couple of months and my cardio has sky rocketed. not to mention i can ealsy get around on foot while saving gas haha

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi