Meditation Revolution

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 10 months ago #63902 by
Meditation Revolution was created by
I was reading a yoga magazine today and came across an add for something called "Meditation Revolution". I decided to check it out. I then decided to join in. I thought I'd share it here, just in case anyone else finds these types of things as interesting as I do.
It begins July 9th and it's free.

Meditation Revolution

May the Force be with you, always.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 10 months ago #64037 by
Replied by on topic Re: Meditation Revolution
Awesome!! I signed up too. I like meditation "classes".

I am doing this ten day trial of "Headspace". You should go and look at that while waiting for this to start. They do a great job of making meditation easy to understand and apply for visual people.

getsomeheadspace.com

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 10 months ago #64063 by
Thank you for the link, RiddleNox! I'll check it out!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #66421 by
This began today. I hope some of you will be able to benefit from it.
Namaste.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #66424 by
Replied by on topic Meditation Revolution
Day one was very nice:) Thank you Reliah!

More
11 years 9 months ago #66425 by Reacher
Replied by Reacher on topic Re: Meditation Revolution
I am a day behind. Thanks for sharing this, Reliah.

Jedi Knight

The self-confidence of the warrior is not the self-confidence of the average man. The average man seeks certainty in the eyes of the onlooker and calls that self-confidence. The warrior seeks impeccability in his own eyes and calls that humbleness. The average man is hooked to his fellow men, while the warrior is hooked only to infinity.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #66606 by
Sounds like something to try :laugh:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #67535 by
This has been a pretty neat experience thus far. I'm a bit behind, but the exercises are very soothing and very informative. Although I still prefer meditating while lying down, but I'm getting better at easy sitting pose...

Thanks again for sharing this, Reliah!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #67554 by

Aceboizor wrote: This has been a pretty neat experience thus far. I'm a bit behind, but the exercises are very soothing and very informative. Although I still prefer meditating while lying down, but I'm getting better at easy sitting pose...

Thanks again for sharing this, Reliah!

I'm glad you're enjoying it, Ace! I think it's pretty neat. :)

I know you mentioned you don't have Facebook, but they had a live chat with the lady (Sally Kempton) who does the meditations and someone else brought up the point of sitting. I thought I'd share with you what she said about everything:

"T all the people who are resisting sitting for meditation: I suggest having a dialogue with your resistance. Seriously! Tune into the feeling of resistance, and ask, "What is this about?" You'll get some answers. Then the issue is what to do. I find that I can negotiate with resistance. If you say, "I'll meditate for 5 minutes, and then get up," often that resistant part will relax."

"Physical pain is an issue for many people.
Couple of suggestions: First, find a posture where the pain is less. That could be sitting in a chair, or even lying down with props.
One way to work with pain is to tune into it mindfully rather than resisting it. We tend to try to move away from pain. In mindfulness practice, you explore it. Notice the quality of the sensations--sharp? BUrning? achy?
This will begin to open up the pain. Use your breath and the thought, "Relax' or imagine warmth emanating from the pain. I've found that this works well. Its an ongoing process...but it brings great relief"

I cannot seem to find the quote when she states that comfort is most important and that savasana holds a power of its own.

I'm not saying one way is better - I think she was - but I think it's so much more personal than that and that everyone should find their way of doing it. If I laid down to meditate - I'd fall asleep so good job with the control, there! lol

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #71058 by
Replied by on topic Fitness Challenge
I didn't want to create an entirely new post for this. I don't want to be too terribly annoying, but wanted to share this.

Yoga Journal will be beginning a 21 day fitness challenge on September 10th. You can sign up in advance here: http://www.yogajournal.com/fitnesschallenge/

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi