Headaches

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 10 months ago #63228 by
Headaches was created by
Does anyone have any good remedies for headaches? I've had a nagging headache for four days now and I've been drinking extra water, taking Aspirin and Ibuprofen but it doesn't seems to be helping.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 10 months ago #63229 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: Headaches
Hmm if its been going on for several days it could be something that requires a doctor...otherwise it could be from caffiene withdrawals or something similar or even lack of sleep...

I usually use a meditative massage on the temples and nasal bridge depending on the location of the headache...or I get some sleep...worst case scenario I use a couple of advil and sleep

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 10 months ago #63230 by
Replied by on topic Re: Headaches
My sleep pattern has been a bit erratic lately. I think I'll have an early night and see if that helps!

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 10 months ago #63232 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: Headaches
I take plenty of codeine.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #63233 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Re: Headaches
Many headaches are a reaction of tension in the muscles of your upper back and shoulders. The nerves for those muscles are located around your head. When those muscles are tense and sore, they set off those nerves and create the headache.

Anything that can help relax those muscles can help. For example, taking a hot bath can have a big effect. Having a loved one give you a back/shoulder massage can also help.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Proteus.

More
11 years 10 months ago #63234 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re: Headaches
I agree with Proteus on the massage front - I didn't realise until recently that a lot of headaches are just caused by muscle tension, but often a massage will instantly relieve my headaches.

I also find that 4head is quite effective. It's a medicinal stick that you just rub on your forehead, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but perhaps worth a try?

B.Div | OCP

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 10 months ago #63238 by
AS a professional in this area you keep referring to as massage, I hope you don't mind me adding my five pence worth.

For most people drinking water will relieve a headache, as most headaches are due to dehydration, not muscle tension but for those of us who are constantly viewing on line or work with computers, then yes muscle tension in the trapezius and cranium causes much discomfort. A back, neck and shoulder massage is effective but also an Indian Head Massage or Reflexology also have very positive benefits.

At the end of the day massage is just amazing in any form...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 10 months ago #63243 by

A Temple Goddess wrote: for those of us who are constantly viewing on line or work with computers, then yes muscle tension in the trapezius and cranium causes much discomfort

I've heard people say that but I've never been affected by it :/

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 10 months ago #63252 by
When is the last time you have had your eyesight checked. prolonged eye strain can also trigger headaches, especially if you don't even realize you are doing it because your eyes are constantly trying to adjust.

Just a thought.

More
11 years 10 months ago #63259 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Re: Headaches
If I get backed up down south (if ya know what I mean) then I get a headache. Unusual posture and too much direct sunlight/glare also can trigger it in me, but mostly its if I do not eat enough for the smooth operation of my digestive system which seems to change its demands based on metabolic activity, which itself changes depending on workload as far as I can tell. I had a shocker 3 days ago which even stopped my short term memory from working for a few hours!! I think it might be heredity to some extent. I just imagine its my brain rewiring itself to work better
:S

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi