Jedi Fitness Plan

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 weeks ago #56271 by
Jedi Fitness Plan was created by
15/04/2012
I'm thinking of devising a workout plan/exercise regime that would be realistic for a Jedi to uphold, I was curious if others would also like to follow my plan as I devise it?

I'll update this post specifically as I go along, but just thought I'd ask if anyone would be interested in it, I'll obviously do a Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced workout so people can progress.

So if you're interested in a potentially (global) fitness plan then post below :) I'm thinking at the moment it should consist of 2hrs exercise a day, a martial art or two, meditation & dietary ideas.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 weeks ago #56299 by
Replied by on topic Re: Jedi Fitness Plan
2 hours!! (Bows to you)

As a full-time employee with 2 kids and a long commute (self-inflicted), I can barely get in my 1 hour a day workouts (and often times, not even that much).

But I love the idea of it. MTFBWY on this endeavor...

-LTK

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 weeks ago #56300 by
A fitness plan would be a great idea, but it would have to be taylored to the individual member due to time and life constraints. I know I work a 40 hours week and coach two sports during the school year....and I have 3 kids. I get my workouts in but it is a struggle. for the martial art I would say Akido would be the best due to the quasi passivity of it. Aspects of yoga and P90X/insanity work well for people who are committed. A period of meditation should be incorperated as well.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 weeks ago #56332 by
I'm down for this; I have to be careful because of my back, but I have to do something to get back in shape.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
12 years 2 weeks ago #56366 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: Jedi Fitness Plan
I could always list the plan I used when I first started training way back when I was young....of course most would not be able to get through it all as it usuaaly took me a full day for the full regiment...of course it did enable me to achieve and maintain a very high fitness level that made bootcamp a breeze...to this day I have little drop off in performance even after a lengthy time away...

Of course it is very true that everyones body is different so you must remember to know your limits and how far you can push them without causing damage...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 week ago #56591 by
I found 'The underground guide to warrior fitness' quite usefull. (Can be found in the library)

I especially like the fact that the exercises can be done without having to subscribe to a fitness place or buying fancy equipment. Just using your own body weight to train with. Anywhere, anytime really.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 week ago #56605 by
I frequently find that the only real exercise equipment I need is a good pair of running shoes, a pull up bar and a swimming pool. Admittedly a 25 lbs kettlebell is working its way in as a regular though.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 week ago #56828 by
I would be down to do a Jedi Fitness program. I would be able to manage an hour and a half a day.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 week ago #56891 by
just so everyone knows I'm working on it now.

There will be one for 30 minutes so that way everyone can try to at least get 30 minutes in.

there will be an hour long, two hour long

All 3 will have a beginner, intermediate and advanced, I won't be doing dietry plans/etc yet due to the fact that we all live in different countries and whilst fruit might be available some brands of product may not.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #58486 by
Count me in. I'm going from one fairly physically demanding job to one greatly physically demanding job and I've got 5 months to be ready. I'm ready to do whatever it takes.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi

Notice: SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php/sessions) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/html/libraries/vendor/joomla/session/src/Storage/NativeStorage.php on line 135