Lightsaber

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 weeks ago #55620 by
Lightsaber was created by
How many others in the Temple train with lightsabers? I just started using a double-ended one earlier today. It's much easier than I thought it'd be.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #55623 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: Lightsaber
I train with each style (single-1saber, dual-2sabers, and double-bladed)...they're all easy for me...but then again I've been studying martial arts for a very long time....just keep in mind that until the technology to make actual lightsabers exist the techniques won't all work with conventional martial arts weapons...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 weeks ago #55628 by
Replied by on topic Re: Lightsaber
me and my brother often spar with Bokken, and when we are on a trip or somewhere where we don't want to pack bokken we take those cheep retractable lightsaber toys as they make enjoyable sparring blades...

as to using any real laser swords of any type... seems like a bad idea unless you want someone hurt

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 weeks ago #55631 by
I look forward to/worry about the day they invent a real lightsaber. It'll be amazing to see that technology, but I can see many possibilities of a backfire.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #55632 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: Lightsaber

TemplarProphet wrote: I look forward to/worry about the day they invent a real lightsaber. It'll be amazing to see that technology, but I can see many possibilities of a backfire.

Such is the case with all technology.....

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #55657 by Damion_Storm
Replied by Damion_Storm on topic Re: Lightsaber
Though I can't find it now, awhile back I read something about some technology that was created that produced a "Lightsaber". It was actually a plasma beam and if I recall correctly the "blade" was only about a foot long and the power source was the size of a Mac truck. but hey computers used to take up a full room also.

Rev. Robert Cannon OCP
Bishop of TotJO
Master Knight of Jediism
B.Div

Active Apprentices: None
Former Apprentices: Cynthia, Alexandre Orion, Reliah, Archon
The following user(s) said Thank You: MCSH

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #55666 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Re: Lightsaber
Yea I do, just for the spatial and hand brain avoid hitting myself coordination thing.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 weeks ago #55667 by
I spend perhaps TOO much time with my $9 lightsaber. I'm a super geek and it's surprisingly durable. My friends and I have rules that treat it as "real," but I won't go into all that. If anything it keeps me active, and establishes "be fast or be in pain." Great for reflex training.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi