Superb Strength Building Tips?

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #37982 by Angelus
Well, i'm looking to start working out again, especially with summer and spring break drawing so close. I'd like to place my primary focus on extreme strength building. Not because I want to look amazing or say that i'm stronger than other people, but because I want to be capable and not be defenseless anymore.

So if anyone has some REALLY effective strength building exercises with weights or bodyweight exercises, I would be extremely grateful for the advice. I would also be glad to be PMed or emailed at alxps16@aol.com .

Thank you all, and may the Force be with you all.

Jedi Knight
Former Masters: Mark Anjuu, Zanthan Storm, Br. John, Grom Fett

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 7 months ago #42893 by
Hi there,

I know it's a while since you posted this but just so you know, I am an experienced strength and conditioning coach (although I no longer work in the industry) who has worked on many levels including Football players (the american kind), rugby players etc.

If you give me an idea of what you are actually looking to achieve I can help.

Tell me what type of strength you are after, is it endurance or explosive. Are you out to build mass or do you want to define/burn fat etc.

Many thanks
K

More
12 years 7 months ago #42899 by Adder
I think it works best if you can make it a lifestyle and stick with it for enjoyment. Its important to avoid tendon injury so warmup reps and hydrate. Each person is different but I have to be regular on my biceps/forearms, chest/triceps, and delts because they do not get much effort during a normal day. Wheras abs and legs for me can be hit hard over a week and then rested for a month or so because they tend to get used more often. You'll also need to eat proper and get good sleep for muscle growth from my experiences.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi