Is Reiki a form of Force power?

More
4 years 6 months ago #344509 by JamesSand

I know a segment of our society views scientific inquiry as lacking value, and we suffer for that. Arguably, the fate of our planet depends heavily upon displacing that point of view.

Well unless you can destroy the planet twice, how can you prove it's a replicable phenomena?

Check mate, science!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, OB1Shinobi, Kobos, Brick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 6 months ago #344520 by
Replied by on topic Is Reiki a form of Force power?
Force Healing could heal the planet if we all just got together and gathered that power!

More
4 years 6 months ago #344524 by Carlos.Martinez3

JamesSand wrote:

I know a segment of our society views scientific inquiry as lacking value, and we suffer for that. Arguably, the fate of our planet depends heavily upon displacing that point of view.

Well unless you can destroy the planet twice, how can you prove it's a replicable phenomena?

Check mate, science!

Thanks for the smile - ima use that pretty much every chance I get for the rest of my life. Smiley face

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
4 years 6 months ago #344525 by Brick
*repeatedly pounds head against wall*

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kohadre, Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

More
4 years 6 months ago #344529 by Kobos
Brick don't give yourself ECT I hit my head to much before.

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #344532 by

Brick wrote: *repeatedly pounds head against wall*

I'm sorry, Brick, genuinely sorry.

I think a lot of people may view scientists as a bunch of intellectual self-appointed autocrats who assign themselves he right to tell people what they should do. Our educational system has failed us in a number of ways, and this is one of them.

The driving principle of science is the willingness of its practitioners to test and challenge their own perceptions. Those tests are based on experimentation, validating of findings through re-testing, and assessing the predictive value of those findings. So, while it's true that replicating the potential sixth extinction is difficult absent a waiting period of thousands of years and a record of our own history that will last that long, we can see how well the more limited experiments and models available to us have predicted climatic trends. If they've done well, and they predict the likelihood of a climate calamity in a period of decades based on specific assumptions about human behavior, then we have grounds to trust that prediction.

They have done well. The research and the models have predicted rising average global temperatures, increasing severity of storms, wildfires, melting icecaps, and the release of methane from beneath the thawing northern permafrost, and all of those things are happening. Maybe then we should heed what those models tell us about what our future is likely to be if we do not change our behavior.

The topic of this thread is "Is Reiki a form of Force power?" and while I know it sets me at odds with others in this thread, my history informs me that the answer is yes. But - so is knowledge, so is logic, so is the precise and clear form of thinking that is at the heart of science. Between the two, we'd suffer much less from every Reiki practitioner experiencing that his or her abilities had been lost than we would if every scientist suddenly acquired amnesia.
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by . Reason: Corrected a misspelling.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 6 months ago #344541 by
I believe in outer truth and inner truth. Outer truth is science, inner truth is the force. both can exist at the same time. And outer truth can only exist if there is no god, so I don't believe in god, but I believe in The Force and its power,

More
4 years 6 months ago #344542 by Gisteron

Fyxe wrote: Force Healing could heal the planet if we all just got together and gathered that power!

False. There is no mechanism by which any amount of magic thoughts can significantly influence the physical processes happening to earth directly. The only way there can arguably be some effect is if a gathering like that would inspire people to act differently in relevant ways, but I would contest whether it is fair to call that "Force Healing" at that point.

I believe in outer truth and inner truth. Outer truth is science, inner truth is the force. both can exist at the same time.

Depends how you define the Force. Sure, you posted what the website says about it, but it's far too vague to make out any concrete meaning, and possibly deliberately so.

And outer truth can only exist if there is no god, so I don't believe in god, but I believe in The Force and its power,

What about the existence (or presence) of a god makes it so that outer truth (i.e. science) couldn't exist? Still not clear what you mean by the Force or what power it possesses. We can get to the reasons why one would believe what ever it is, if you wish, later, once we have clarified what it is you are even talking about...

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

More
4 years 6 months ago #344543 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Is Reiki a form of Force power?

Fyxe wrote: Force Healing could heal the planet if we all just got together and gathered that power!

Marianne Williamson, is that you?

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheDude

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #344544 by Kobos
That would be me Rex. I am secretly Marianne Williamson......Be nice please everyone.

Much Love,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Kobos.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Brick

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi