Is Reiki a form of Force power?

More
4 years 6 months ago #344268 by Brick

steamboat28 wrote: Regardless of whether or not you believe in its efficacy, you cannot deny that the concept itself, and the practices from those concepts, exist. Even if energy healing is bunk, the concept and practices of energy healing are real so long as people do them.

Yes, I acknowledge that the concept exists in the real world, and has done since the earliest days of human civilisation.

I also acknowledge that the concept of the earth being flat exists, and isn't particularly new either.

However I don't believe that either of those concepts hold up to any kind of scrutiny or testing.

The question posed by the OP was 'Is Reiki a form of Force power?' my answer is a resounding no, because I don't believe that either Reiki or force powers actually exist in a tangible way that relates to the OP. The fact that they exist as a concept is somewhat irrelevant to the question asked IMO.

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron, Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos, Rex

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #344269 by TheDude
Gisteron, I appreciate the studies you've linked. Here is a link to a meta-study which makes quite the opposite claim, (courtesy of J.K. Barger) literally titled "Reiki Is Better Than Placebo and Has Broad Potential as a Complementary Health Therapy". It provides an overview of the scientific literature gathered from peer-reviewed journals and gives useful data for consideration. The major problem that I see with this is that the person who wrote it is professionally associated with reiki, which increases the risk of positive bias, but the literature it cites is still relevant for consideration. Could you find other meta-studies of the topic? If we go through each of these resources and applied some statistical analysis of the data, we should be able to determine whether it is a valid methodology or not.

As someone interested in a long-term career in a health-adjacent field, I know I would personally benefit from further data analysis, but I have very little skill in mathematics. It's something I'm actively working on, though!
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by TheDude.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Gisteron, J. K. Barger, Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 6 months ago #344271 by
Replied by on topic Is Reiki a form of Force power?
So I have been following this conversation and thank you brick and gisteron for your very cool comments and some tete research links!!! They are great. I'm confused though. This place is a temple right? And that temple houses an actual religion called jediism? I have also been invited many times by you guys and guys like steamboat to leave this site because I don't believe like they do... but, um this is a religion right? Something that is supposed to not make sense? Like logic and science are not religion are they? I want mysticism and I want to experience weird stuff as religion..or spirituality? You guys are reducing this experience to just programs and I seem to be a broken program now?? It makes me sad. Why do you guys pretend to believe in a religion that you dont actually believe in? Why am I the one asked to leave this religious temple? You guys should leave of you dont believe in the jedi myth. That's just my thoughts and I dont u derstand why you are here?

More
4 years 6 months ago #344272 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Is Reiki a form of Force power?
Lol drop acid if you want to do mystical stuff on your own
TotJO is for substantiative discussion. Not that we have a monopoly on the truth, but we're discussing it through specific optics which has implications on things like what (if anything) Reiki does

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 6 months ago #344273 by

Fyxe wrote: So I have been following this conversation and thank you brick and gisteron for your very cool comments and some tete research links!!! They are great. I'm confused though. This place is a temple right? And that temple houses an actual religion called jediism? I have also been invited many times by you guys and guys like steamboat to leave this site because I don't believe like they do... but, um this is a religion right? Something that is supposed to not make sense? Like logic and science are not religion are they? I want mysticism and I want to experience weird stuff as religion..or spirituality? You guys are reducing this experience to just programs and I seem to be a broken program now?? It makes me sad. Why do you guys pretend to believe in a religion that you dont actually believe in? Why am I the one asked to leave this religious temple? You guys should leave of you dont believe in the jedi myth. That's just my thoughts and I dont u derstand why you are here?

Dude, stop.

They have their view on this, and you have yours. Let it be.

We don't do dogmatism like that, here. They said what they said because they think you're genuinely looking for something our home page flat out tells you you won't find here.

You have your approach, and they have theirs, and that's ok.

LET IT GO.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 6 months ago #344274 by
The home page says you believe in the force. I believe in the force. You dont so I dont seem to be the one with the problem here.

More
4 years 6 months ago #344275 by Carlos.Martinez3

Fyxe wrote: The home page says you believe in the force. I believe in the force. You dont so I dont seem to be the one with the problem here.

Is the Force just one thing?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron, Kobos, Brick, Rex, , forestjedi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 6 months ago #344276 by
Is it more than one thing?

More
4 years 6 months ago #344277 by Carlos.Martinez3

Fyxe wrote: Is it more than one thing?

To me it is. Is it to you?

Do you believe the Force has one definition or can have many? Does it have to be your definition to be the Force ? These are real modern day Jeddist questions. Much more that the movies. If Jedi ism is built on existing faiths - does that mean we all have the same beginning?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick, Rex,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 6 months ago #344278 by
The Force, a ubiquitous and metaphysical power that a Jedi (a follower of Jediism) believes to be the underlying, fundamental nature of the universe. 

What other definition do you follow?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi