Conquering Pain

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #307245 by
Conquering Pain was created by
I was born with a hereditary blood disorder that makes my blood have more difficulty for circulation and my immune system. One of the major issues I struggle with is pain especially around my joints.

I have heard of doctrines and stories of the mind and its ability to overcome pain. Is there a method or type of meditation that can help relieve painful episodes without having to resort to chemical pharmaceutical applications.

The power of the force has the ability to extend within all aspects of the body. I just need to find a way to train the mind.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #307247 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Conquering Pain
I can relate, I suffer from middle age joints lol. Yoga has been my saving grace, I do DDP yoga for my physical health, and Corpse yoga for the mind. Those practices with meditation help keep me off of pharmaceuticals altogether. Pm me if your interested...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MadHatter, thomaswfaulkner

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #307248 by
Replied by on topic Conquering Pain
Thank you. And I am interested. I will contact you soon as I am off work today.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #307249 by
Hi Timotheus,

Though I do not have an answer on the meditation part may I suggest you look into accupressure. I have used this for other ailments and it is my understanding that it is helpful for pain and circulation as well. Note this is accupressure not accupuncture and it is easy to do on your own. Just look it up online and I'm sure you may find what you are looking for. Good luck.

Siptah

More
6 years 4 months ago #307250 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic Conquering Pain

Zenchi wrote: I can relate, I suffer from middle age joints lol. Yoga has been my saving grace, I do DDP yoga for my physical health, and Corpse yoga for the mind. Those practices with meditation help keep me off of pharmaceuticals altogether. Pm me if your interested...

I have to second this statement. My back pain has been really helped by yoga. I followed the links Zenchi gave me and just random youtube yoga series. It has made a world of difference. One thing that has helped me meditation wise is a "dissolving" meditation where I picture my pain as a ball of colored light and slowly dissolving it in my mind. It does not eliminate the pain for me but it does dampen it.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: thomaswfaulkner

More
6 years 4 months ago #307251 by thomaswfaulkner
Replied by thomaswfaulkner on topic Conquering Pain
I second Hatter's second. The dissolving meditation and the body scan are great tools to help the mind treat your pain more compassionately. I'd love to say they could make it all go away, but it definitely make it more tolerable.

Right View ~ Right Intention ~ Right Speech ~ Right Action ~ Right Livelihood ~ Right Effort ~ Right Mindfulness ~ Right Concentration

Knight of the Order
Ordained Clergy Person
Teaching Master: Senan
IP Journal l AP Journal l Seminary Journal l Personal Ministry Statement

If you need to talk, we are here to listen.
Contact the Clergy

May all beings be happy and free and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute
in some way to the happiness and freedom for all.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #307266 by
might i say as a practising shaman, i find mary jane to be of particular use for pain releif, either smoked or put into coffee/tea or some cakes.. there is a route you can go to teach the innate (body conciousness) to rewrite your dna to achieve healing. check out Kryon of magnetic service on google..namaste x

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi