Inner Dragonr

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #272145 by
Inner Dragonr was created by
“My armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!”

That about sums us the bastard that is my inner dragon... my ego. My addictions. My deep physical and emotional pain. I dont have a precious ring or and elvish sword to fight it. My ally is the force and a powerful ally it is.

I will not choose the quick and easy path to ease my ails any more. I will stop thinking about, and feeling sorry for myself and massive numbers of mistakes ive made in my life. The past and the future will no longer dictate the person I will be.

There is but one thing now.... The Force.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #272252 by
Replied by on topic Inner Dragonr
Always forward. Forward, always. I've been right there myself. Making a conscious decision is an act that requires constant attention and mindfulness. It's not always a matter of making that decision every day, sometimes it is every hour, even every minute. Using a visual focus, like a dragon, is an excellent way to handle the concept psychologically. It's not unlike Campbell or the Super Better program - using tools of mythic imagery and psychology to overcome problems.

May the Force be with you on the path of Recovery, every step of the way.

More
7 years 3 months ago #272257 by Kit
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #272475 by

Kit wrote: Slay your dragons, or...

The more I engage in this struggle. Even in my experiences in my short 35 years... is that there really is no way to slay the dragon. But possibly in time and patience, I can attempt to tame it
Unfortunately with all beasts... Lions... Elephants... Orcas... There is no way to completely change thier nature. They are wild animals. And sometimes thry are the most dangerous in containment. Even after years of obedience they might just randomly lash out. Instict takes over.... it is human instict to feed out ego and self importance. It is the..... forbidden fruit after all.

I know this is going to be daily struggle until my last breath.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by .

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #272550 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Inner Dragonr

StrudelDoo1981 wrote:

Kit wrote: Slay your dragons, or...

The more I engage in this struggle. Even in my experiences in my short 35 years... is that there really is no way to slay the dragon. But possibly in time and patience, I can attempt to tame it
Unfortunately with all beasts... Lions... Elephants... Orcas... There is no way to completely change thier nature. They are wild animals. And sometimes thry are the most dangerous in containment. Even after years of obedience they might just randomly lash out. Instict takes over.... it is human instict to feed out ego and self importance. It is the..... forbidden fruit after all.

I know this is going to be daily struggle until my last breath.

What I linked there is a sermon I wrote on the subject ;) I think it'd help you if you'd read it :)

I've had a lifetime of struggles with my dragons, mostly Anxiety, Fear, and ADHD. You'll meet them in that sermon and see how I've learned to deal with them. Not slay them, not tame them, but befriend them. It becomes not a daily struggle, but a learning experience and an exercise in compassion for both you and your dragons. Not to say it WON'T ever be a struggle, but by understanding why your dragons are here, why they do what they do, why they act the way they do, and WHEN, (for dragons, like any creature, have a reason for doing what they do) you'll be able to predict their moods and know when they're going to get worked up, and when they won't. You'll also be better aware of what calms them.

Just a change in perspective :)
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Kit.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
7 years 3 months ago #272554 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Inner Dragonr
From one who has a balance here it is possible friend. Balance is possible any where, that's the joy of being human, the potential lives in us all! Pm if u like.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #272560 by
Sorry i didnt realize it was a link just thought it was a statement I will have a look.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #272755 by
I found in my short time here that, when it comes to the "dark side" (anger, fear, aggression, hate, rage, greed, "baser drives," etc.,) you can let it drive you, but you must not let it steer you. Finding one's center, at least for me, through various meditation techniques and foci helps to gain control over it. There are many varied books, sermons, posts, and self-made experts here that you may consult on it, but personally, I like the Secrets of the Ninja . The 9 Cuts or Kuji Kiri meditation is pretty intense and an excellent post workout routine.
MtFbwy.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi