Fear and Danger

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #257151 by
Fear and Danger was created by
I have seen this TED talk maybe a dozen times, is really inspiring and I have learnt so much from it that I want to share it with you all.
Moreover, Chris Hadfield is a great astronaut and a wonderful person, I strongly recommend his books too. He has even written a child book inspired by his childhood and his fear of dark (paradox, but true story!) and I can't wait to read it next week, he writes so good!
Hope everyone enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo62S0ulqhA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #257199 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Fear and Danger
I guess its like the survival books say about eating strange food if your starving; you start with a little bit in your mouth and spit it out to see if your mouth reacts, then later eat a tiny portion and see if your body reacts, and gradually increase the portion size while assessing your bodies reaction to it.

But Space!!! That is something else..... you could say literally Space is death, but "the danger is entirely different from the fear"!!! Such a nice quote. I reckon that is why they send all Astronauts through a regime of flying in the fast jet T38N , so that they can become a little bit more familiar with the sights, sounds and feelings of being so vulnerable in a hectic artificial environment. Because the heavy reality of something so removed from our comfort zone, on the body and mind experienced as fear is not a good place to handle problem solving. The topic of crew resource management (CRM/HRM) in aviation has shown that its important to keep on top of even little errors, as little errors have a habit of compounding into bigger ones which can become out of control, which goes back to his other kewl quote earlier on about the size of problems.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi