Boulimia and sugar

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #241614 by
Boulimia and sugar was created by
As my boulimia is rising its ugly head i got told to stop taking in foods that have extra sugar all together , i never got that advice before so i did some googling and found this article! Needless to say i need some help with this again , but i am on it :)

http://www.your-bulimia-recovery.com/bulimia-complications.html#bulimiacomplications8

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #241665 by Leah Starspectre
Replied by Leah Starspectre on topic Boulimia and sugar
I have Binge Eating Disorder (Basically bulimia without the purging) and sugar is a HUGE trigger for me.

In fact, I *just* ate two snack bags of chips, a chocolate bar and half of a big bag of gummies - right after I'd just finished lunch. But I've never been able to manage my bingeing for more than a month or two. I do well, then I treat myself and everything falls apart. It's a terrible addiction. If you find a good plan for managing sugar, please let me know. We can support each other :)

I've been afraid for years that I'm going to end up developing diabetes on top of what is already an unhealthy weight (though weight is not a big issue for me, I only have a little bit extra)

Stay strong and may the Force be with you!
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #241669 by
Replied by on topic Boulimia and sugar
Almost everybody in my family has diabetis , my daughter and i have fructose intolerance and i have a eating disorder aswell , she takes all the cookies and fat stuff with her when she leaves my house , she doesnot mind , she is a student haha
I am getting a book tomorrow on bulimia and how to manage it and i am seeing a dietician next week , this ugly monster rears its head from time to time and i cought it now before gaining a stone again ! If it is succesfull i will let you know , i know that for the next weeks i am not allowed added sugars and ..no white flour products , no pasta,no pizza * cries uncontrolably * because they are a huge trigger for me ,...

You be strong as well Sister !
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by .

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #241671 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Boulimia and sugar
Our house as a strict rule calls it 'white death', I'm not kidding, literally to remind us not to add it to anything, and Ms Adder wanted none in the house, but I hid it LOL.
Maybe think of it like smoking, or shooting heroin, or whatever self destructive process you might already have a disgust towards to make that mental association.
Remind yourself when shopping if you don't buy it you cannot eat it, so there is a opportunity to minimize the vulnerability, and along those lines replace treat foods with sugar - to treat foods without sugar when shopping.

I guess its a lot harder if you've got kids running around, because they are hyper and impossible for adults to keep up with sometimes. I guess like any addiction or entrenched habit its going to hurt a bit to break it, that might be low energy, grumpiness and generally grasping behaviours for awhile until your body can adjust. A healthy diet does not need any sugar or sugar products, it can get enough from fruit and other vegetable carb sources AFAIK!?

I do a low calorie diet, so I avoid most all sugars as a result and the only difference I've noticed (after acclimatizing) is I cannot miss a meal and expect to do even moderate physical work, as I do not have the energy reserves, otherwise overall feelings and instantaneous energy requirements seem met and a-ok, plus the other benefits which might come from it. Good luck!!!

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Adder.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #241678 by
Thank you Adder :)

@ Miss Leah, i know one thing that really works for me , keeping a eating diary ! Write down everything that you eat , i am starting tomorrow , because its bedtime now :lol:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #242002 by
Ok new diet , not really a diet but more a guide to eating at set times instead of stuffing my face when i feel like eating , recognizing when i am hungry and , very important , a selfhelp book next to the therapy . This book is called "Ik eet als niemand het weet " roughly translated to " I eat when nobody watches"
That title really grabbed me because in on sentence it precisely what my problem is , binge eating on my own, i knew that , but never thougt that that was the problem , neh , in my head , that was the solution. I also had to have some check done to rule out infections and diabetes. Now i want this problem fixed so i will not bore people with my whining haha , long road to go ? Maybe

Selfhelp website english

http://www.get.gg/bulimia.htm

Cravings diary

http://www.get.gg/docs/CravingsDiary.pdf

Selfhelp book most similar to Dutch version

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hunger-Understanding-Workbook-Understand-Overcome/dp/0470021284/277-2368282-0814631?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=0470021284&linkCode=as2&redirect=true&tag=mindinfcouk
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by . Reason: uurhg

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #242004 by
Cravings diary as PDF

Attachment he7ea230.pdf not found

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

More
7 years 11 months ago #242180 by Leah Starspectre
Replied by Leah Starspectre on topic Boulimia and sugar
I've been thinking about this lately, and I realized that I don't often get cravings. I just automatically eat the sugar/salt/junky foods whenever I can. Bingeing just a part of my routine. I never DT because I'm constantly high...

The only time I having craving is if I am broke and can't afford the sweets. Then I get major cravings, like, within hours. Otherwise, it's always around and I'm always eating it.

I think I'm going to try the cravings diary anyways....

More
7 years 11 months ago #242183 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Boulimia and sugar
...dont quote me but i think we are the only ones who drink other animals milk.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #242185 by

Miss_Leah wrote: I've been thinking about this lately, and I realized that I don't often get cravings. I just automatically eat the sugar/salt/junky foods whenever I can. Bingeing just a part of my routine. I never DT because I'm constantly high...

The only time I having craving is if I am broke and can't afford the sweets. Then I get major cravings, like, within hours. Otherwise, it's always around and I'm always eating it.

I think I'm going to try the cravings diary anyways....

In my diary i try to keep track of the nutricious value of my food and i notice i am eating healthier as the time passes :) to keep record makes you more aware of what you take in , and now i got a better routine it gets a bit easier , but since i stopped smoking i find myself binging because i miss smoking , the habit not the nicotine :pinch:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi