Pressure points and the etc from SAA thread

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 2 months ago #11370 by
I know a bit and am always willing to give what i know about Chakras and a bit about Reiki but not enough about Reiki to know all that much. I know a bit of the history and i little more. I know more about Chakras as i have two books and learned more about it at school so there it is. If it is Holistic i probably know something about it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 2 months ago #11383 by
my favorite spot is the baroreceptor in the carotid artery

one simple smack and its a blackout on their part
lol

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 2 months ago #11398 by
Pressure points are usually if'y at best. The same with joint locks. Your best bet is:
a) train with a master.
b) practice with a friend or a group of like minded people.

I have tried books and magazines and thy simply don't work. I have been training with a master for 10 years and that is the best way to learn anything, self defence especially.

More
16 years 2 months ago #11399 by Garm
That's a valid point, the opportunity to be so precise doesn't always present itself in a dynamic environment...ever try a surefire technique that works everytime in the Dojo on a person blitzed on drugs or alcohol, or blinded by rage? They're like friggen supermen! Gotta admitt, I'm big enough to take a few blows and get inside where I can get \"hands on\". Guess I'm a blunt force kinda guy. Works for me in the ring and in the real world. Not so good when three point sparring though, can't let your opponent touch you. But then again I wouldn't be using Pressure points at that time either. lol

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 2 months ago #11413 by
Maruk I agree with you 100%...however I believe you take my youth as an underestimation of what I am capable of...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 2 months ago #11446 by
I am old enough to not take anyone or anything for granted :) But I agree with Bro. Lenny, what works when you practice alone or in the dojo or dojang with people who comply seldom works in an explosive, dynamic situation.

I am a Police Officer (19 + years) I responded to a fight a couple of years ago and while at the scene a guy who was over weight, smoking, out of shape, came walking up to me (after taking two breaks to catch his breath. a distance of approx. 40-50 feet) He had to stop and catch his breath again before he spoke to me. When he was able to talk he told me that the guy we had arrested (who was in great shape) was lucky we had shown up because he was going to lay a beating on him.

This guy WAY over estimated what he could do and who he could do it to.

The moral of this story is to train always, and never underestimate your opponent. \"If you don't train, somewhere someone else is. And when you meet, they will win.\"

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #11450 by
That is the thing
You assume I train alone or in a dojo
I train with friends, sparring, non compliant
I have been in many street fights (in self defense and the defense of others) and I have much experience, and it works.
All I am saying is please dont assume.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #11452 by
I believe my first words were \" I don't take anyone or anything for granted.\" Which is another way of saying I don't assume anything anytime. I have seen too many people \"assume\" things are one way only to find out they aren't.

I have also seen people who train in one fighting stye or another, for years. And they bump into a person who never trained a day in their life, but they are a natural fighter, and they get trashed.

All I am saying is that assuming can go both ways.

bows

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #11453 by
Agreed, Br.Maruk...but I have yet to lose a fight...so til then *wink*

*bows in return*

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #11460 by
sheesh, i have never been in a fight, broke up a couple in elementary but since then physical confrontation has been obsolete. I guess i am furtunate.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi