• Adder
  • Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • 7 minds, 5 trials and 3 pillars.
More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #105400 by Adder
Hopefully no-one is ever too lazy to breath, but this idea would be a huge lifesaver. I hope they can make it widely accessible;

Scientists Invent Oxygen Particle That If Injected, Allows You To Live Without Breathing

A team of scientists at the Boston Children’s Hospital have invented what is being considered one the greatest medical breakthroughs in recent years. They have designed a microparticle that can be injected into a person’s bloodstream that can quickly oxygenate their blood. This will even work if the ability to breathe has been restricted, or even cut off entirely.

This finding has the potential to save millions of lives every year. The microparticles can keep an object alive for up to 30 min after respiratory failure.

This is accomplished through an injection into the patients’ veins. Once injected, the microparticles can oxygenate the blood to near normal levels. This has countless potential uses as it allows life to continue when oxygen is needed but unavailable.

Dr. John Kheir, who first began the study, works in the Boston Children’s Hospital Department of Cardiology

It is an interesting read, if you interested here is the Source .

Or even more info from a recent Boston Hospital article .

PS Don't go injecting gas into yourself anyone, gas embolism can be damaging and fatal!

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #105418 by Whyte Horse
I wonder if this well help move us toward the ability to freeze people?

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 week ago #105555 by
Replied by on topic Injection for Oxygenization
I wonder how that works in a patient that is awake in comparison to someone that is unconscious.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 week ago #105575 by
Replied by on topic Injection for Oxygenization
I'm guessing the heart has to keep pumping?

• Adder
  • Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • 7 minds, 5 trials and 3 pillars.
More
11 years 1 week ago #105592 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Injection for Oxygenization
Yes I guess the blood would have to be flowing around the body, unless the microparticles are drawn towards areas of low oxygenization through some type of concentration gradient. I do not know enough about it yet. Would make a good companion in first responder kits to a defibrillator and things to stop bleeding.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi