Past lives, seriously?

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 2 months ago #94172 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: Past lives, seriously?
Death is the one lesson we all take, only then will we know for certain what happens after...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #94176 by
Replied by on topic Re: Past lives, seriously?

RyuJin wrote: The man that trained me to use the katana believed that the universe chose certain souls to be reborn because they had something the universe needed....he often referred to them as "old souls"....he called me one...because of the way I think and act ...

I think it's a possibility that some are reborn and some are not...my reasoning is because of prodigies....I've seen some people with innate talent/ abilities far beyond their own understanding ...talent/abilities that take others a lifetime to master they have mastery of without ever being taught....and at this very moment I'm having a serious case of deja vu....

those things are explainable by personality type, as each type has its strong suits which it will learn by itself very efficiently, while for those without it takes ages. i for one am a person who has that strong suit in self learning, which in advance means i mature quicker than avarege person which then leaves people calling me an old soul, and utilizing those abilities i can maser skills quicker than others, like in one game i was the very best of all players on the globe,(because i learned the game quicker than anyone else.) and now im utilizing those skills for music. my plan is to become the most emotional musician, and i dont think its a far fetch considering playing music plays by my strengths.

and dejavu is explained by the impossibility of same kind of feelings not occuring. cause theres so many chances, thus its bound to repeat itself at occasions.

if people tried to teach me, they would only stray, distract me from learning at my own pace and rhythm which is rather quick.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #94177 by
"What you may call a trash can I call a rubbish bin"

From the looks of it Vilku you're very set on your opinion everything can be explained "psychologically" as to why people are the way they are.

I don't disagree with that idea...but that being said there is always exceptions to everything...always...not everything can be explained by science...not everything can be explained by hope...

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #94188 by

Metsu Desal wrote: "What you may call a trash can I call a rubbish bin"

From the looks of it Vilku you're very set on your opinion everything can be explained "psychologically" as to why people are the way they are.

I don't disagree with that idea...but that being said there is always exceptions to everything...always...not everything can be explained by science...not everything can be explained by hope...

hm.. i think yes, everything can be explained rationally, but whether im capable of it always or not, the answer is not. not always, no.. i do am left baffled by some people who i cant seem to type psychologically, but theres even a one specific type of people whom always give this reaction to me. until i recognize they are that type of people.

i think my perspective on reality is very much an analytical one, where everything has a reason.

i guess hope is synonymous with rationality and reason in my mind.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #94190 by

Vilku wrote: if people tried to teach me, they would only stray, distract me from learning at my own pace and rhythm which is rather quick.

Then they weren't good teachers in the first place.
They would have adapted to your speed of learning and would have told you to slow down a bit anyway. Because learnig is more about quality, not quantity.

i think my perspective on reality is very much an analytical one, where everything has a reason.

i guess hope is synonymous with rationality and reason in my mind.

Then you may fall victim to a reductionism which has influence on the quality of your actions. All humans are motivated by feelings and emotions. The only question is, if they are conscious or not. I guess you also follow your idea of scientific logic because "it gives you something", right?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #94192 by

Bastian wrote:

Vilku wrote:

RyuJin wrote: if people tried to teach me, they would only stray, distract me from learning at my own pace and rhythm which is rather quick.

Then they weren't good teachers in the first place.
They would have adapted to your speed of learning and would have told you to slow down a bit anyway. Because learnig is more about quality, not quantity.

neh, i think its all about quantity. quality comes by itself, uncosnciousness takes good care of it for me.

if i just do plenty of things, im bound to learn plenty cause thats just the way my mind works.

i dont think there is such a thing to learning as quality. you just learn things, they are like 0's and 1's, just pickets of information ordered differently. theres no way it can be ordered with less quality, when theres just that one way its supposed to be ordered which is the only way its ordered correctly in. you just strive to order it in that one specific way, by whatever method you find the quickest.

"
Then you may fall victim to a reductionism which has influence on the quality of your actions. All humans are motivated by feelings and emotions. The only question is, if they are conscious or not. I guess you also follow your idea of scientific logic because "it gives you something", right?"

i think feelings are rational, their purpose is to guide us to the options which best benefit the individual, in one way or another, but feelings are based on logic so they still require a clear stream of information to act upon, or else all will perish.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 2 months ago #94196 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Past lives, seriously?

dont think there is such a thing to learning as quality. you just learn things, they are like 0's and 1's, just pickets of information ordered differently. theres no way it can be ordered with less quality, when theres just that one way its supposed to be ordered which is the only way its ordered correctly in. you just strive to order it in that one specific way, by whatever method you find the quickest.

Really?

So, you, in practicing you music will be the next Chopin? Tchaikovsky? Mozart?

You, my friend, have interesting ideas....

Only 1‘s and 0's?

Only "black and white"?

Only "up and down"?

Hmmmm...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #94219 by

Vilku wrote:

Bastian wrote:

Vilku wrote:

RyuJin wrote:
i think feelings are rational,

, but feelings are based on logic .

Sorry but this doesn't make any sense.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 2 months ago #94220 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Past lives, seriously?

Rickie The Grey wrote:

Vilku wrote:

Bastian wrote:

Vilku wrote:

RyuJin wrote:
i think feelings are rational,

, but feelings are based on logic .

Sorry but this doesn't make any sense.

I kept rereading that paragraph...

I knew some logic was failing me, but I couldnt pinpoint that... lol...

Thats what I get for reading from my phone... lol

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #94225 by
I look at the world around me and see that emotion is far from rational. When people get emotional (Angry, Sad, Jealous, etc) they usually act in very irrational ways, choosing the least beneficial action for their situation. I mean, if everyone acted rationally all the time then I doubt that our species would be plagued with so many horrors.

And just because something can not be proven at this point in time doesn't make it wrong. Our facts in this age are not all correct or "all knowing" just as they weren't a thousand years ago. Past lives may or may not be true. But even if it's proven false it's no worse a belief than any other. All that matters is what people choose to do with their beliefs.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi