Replied by on topic Re: SITH?
I PROMISE YOU ALL I AM HERE TO STAY

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #92306 by
Man, chill with that roleplay crap, please. There are other sites for that, this isn't one of them.

More
11 years 2 months ago #92313 by MCSH
Replied by MCSH on topic Re: SITH?

Rickie The Grey wrote:

Metsu Desal wrote: Like Master J has said before...

The Sith aint Evil and the Jedi aint saints...

A 'sith' seeks self empowerment
A 'Jedi' seeks community empowerment.

Carefull now. Who says?

First sentence is from master Jestor, I don't know who the second one is.

Master: Wescli Wardest
Clerical Mentor : Master Jestor

Clerical Rank: Licensed Minister

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #92318 by
A good night's sleep gave me some new thoughts on that topic I'd lik to share:

For years I spend time in several forums of Jediism and Sithism. I don't wanna be disrespectful, insulting or talk down the opinion of anyone, but let's talk straight a moment. Honesty is the first virtue of a Jedi. This is only my opinion.

"Sith" is (like hate or love or Jedi) a word that loses weight and meaning the more often and casually you use it.
Don't get fooled by some of the Star Wars media. Lots of it is intended to simply entertain and to be sold to all-age audiences as part of a huge merchandise machine. So yes, we all love Darth Maul's bodyart and we all like Revan. We love watching Ian McDiramid playing the role of Palpatine and Anakins is still the romantic hero though he slays younglings...
But we are not fictional characters. Things are real out here.

A Sith is someone who thinks that he himself has a right above all others to prevail and gain power and that all others who do not join their cause are lesser beings. Lesser beings. Go out there and tell somebody of your choice in the face that he or she is a lesser being, worth only to serve like a slave to a cause they would not even unterstand in the first place because it is way above their savage heads...
And I'm convinced the majority of people here would not walk their dark talks in earnest, because in their hearts they know it's neither right nor does it make any sense.

Seriously guys, a lot of "Dark Siders" dont know what their talking about. I'm from Germany. My country's history crawls with people who thought in Ubermensch terms and strove for power over all others. These people are not devils or demons either, but just really bad human beings. But nonetheless they play in a whole different league than most of the black-clad adolescent Dark Siders that exist on the internet.

I got to know a lot of Dark Siders and most of them are just good guys with a good heart but who wrap themselves in rough outsides.
Unfortunately there are a lot of one-sided views on the Light Side out there, that drive young men and women to the thought they must be Dark Side. But there is no reason a Jedi can't hold strength, or be a gruffy character or be self-assured and straight to the point with a no-bullsh*t attitude (see Mace Windu, Tholme, Quinlan Vos or Kyp Durron). Light Side means plurality and tolerance. Jedi also improve themselves - they SEEK to improve themselves through knowledge and training. But not solely themselves.

I am a man who likes martial arts. I played in a metal band. I'm very self-assured about my values and opinions. I don't wear beige robes. I dont't like all-is-flowers worldviews and am very critical about the moral wordviews the majority of people have worldwide. But I am not a Dark Sider. I like working for the Light - for what is good and right and just. The Light Side is plurality - the Dark Side is not. It is egoistic and centralized.

Not sharing the need for a common wellbeing but only sticking to one's own business, does not make you Sith. It just makes you a loner. So whoever partakes in this forum, discussing in a nice civilized fashion and has friends amongst all other "Sides" is not Sith. The Sith are a very aggressive community that holds no tolerance, no compassion and no "proper behavior". That Triple Moon Lady who got banned recently may not have shined with wisdom, but she definetley had the darker attitude. Don't fool yourself by romantic views of the hard-hearted black knight. "Absolute power" is not compatible with friendship and virtues like honor or dignity.

In my opinion a lot of Dark Siders fall victim to roleplay, pretending their are something they are not. On one hand, that is good. Nobody needs Sith. On the other hand it is sad, because no one should waste his precious time with building castles in the air. Nobody knows that better then someone who follows the idea of becoming a real Jedi. ;)
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #92319 by

MCSH wrote:

Rickie The Grey wrote:

Metsu Desal wrote: Like Master J has said before...

The Sith aint Evil and the Jedi aint saints...

A 'sith' seeks self empowerment
A 'Jedi' seeks community empowerment.

Carefull now. Who says?

First sentence is from master Jestor, I don't know who the second one is.

You're missing my point. :) Think about it. Who says?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #92321 by
English isn't his first language, Rickie.

Sajjad, he's questioning how correct your comment is, not who says it.

Well, Rickie, I say. A Sith, being me and folks I know, seek power for themselves. To better themselves. To overcome obstacles. How they use it is entirely up to them.

Now, I can't speak for Jedi, just for my observations, but as far as I can tell, a Jedi uses their power so that they may cause positive effects in their lives and in the lives of those around them. It's for good works, and good people. Finding serenity. All the fun stuff. Have you ever asked yourself why so many Jedi are in the armed forces, or something that positively affects their community?

More
11 years 2 months ago #92322 by MCSH
Replied by MCSH on topic Re: SITH?
Ah

Master: Wescli Wardest
Clerical Mentor : Master Jestor

Clerical Rank: Licensed Minister

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #92323 by
Bastian, expressing your opinion in a well mannered way is not disrespectful :)

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 2 months ago #92325 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: SITH?

Akkarin wrote: Bastian, expressing your opinion in a well mannered way is not disrespectful :)

Agreed...

And, it is your opinion Bastian....

Ultimatly, the "die hard" Sith, the role-players like moon, or now jasper, or even rexy (who hasn't made a post but shares the ip, ;)) are children... Childish in thoughts, regardless of age...

I think the world is full of inherently good people, and everyone has their ideas of a perfect world...

The ones who act like adults, well, they (to me) are just darker jedi...

We sorta remove the light and dark labels here... Akkarin is "lighter" than me, but that doesn't make me less jedi...

We have to use these terms as we understand them so as to have conversations...

But, a good person, is a good person, regardless of what title or description they give themselves....

++++++++
Rickie, Metsu was paraphrasing a widly held sentiment...

I was last to basically say that, in different words...

Who says?

Thus far, it seems to be the pattern shown...

We both seek self improvement, Jedi/Sith, that is...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #92334 by
talking about the sith, if a sith appears what are we going to do?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi