LaVeyan Jedi

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 6 months ago #78242 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: LaVeyan Jedi
I think age has a lot to do with it...

Not physical age, but mental age....

Age, and where they are on the path of their life... not Sith, Levayan, nor Jedi...

But their life's path....

Which, doesn't really change, from one direction to another, bit continues toward and changes in color, as it changes in intent....

Just my ramblings...;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago #78275 by
Replied by on topic Re: LaVeyan Jedi
I support your decision to explore LeVays stuff. Go for it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago #78292 by
At that age we are easily enthralled by words that especially inspire rebellion. I mean I remember when I claimed I was wiccan not knowing what it was about.

It is all worth exploring because it gives a different perspective. But there is always posers and those who truly walk the path. Satanism certainly isn't like it should be, but there are certain aspects of it that I like. Satan in its original language meant Adversary and that means a lot to me more than some great big demon. I am still studying the left hand path.

I feel in a way you cannot know true 'light' without 'darkness.' But it has been a very interesting study and I have learned so much @___@

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago #78326 by

Lividius wrote: There is a common saying within the LaVeyan community that says: "What is worse than not knowing: To live or to disappear?" meaning it is better to understand that time is limited and to make the best of the time you have instead of living your life in anticipation of something that may not even come to pass.

I really like this. Carpe diem.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #78428 by
I rarely refer to LaVeyan Satanism as just "Satanism". Specifically invoking LaVey's name gives the right people the right message. I do like some of the facets of the philosophy, but then, I'm Dark Aspect. How does it relate to the Jedi Path, if it does?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #78446 by
I am honestly not sure, general philosophies of dark aspect do not align with so-called light aspect. While it can depend upon how one defines Jedi and the sub-sects of grey and light and what separates someone from the dark and the light, the lines can be blurred as it is not simple black and white. Certainly there is distinct differences between the Dark Aspect others, but for the meaning of studying Satanism I guess knowledge is always important and especially when understanding the so-called other side.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #78516 by
Whose side are you on again?

But I definitely agree. Knowing the other side gives you better clarity of your own side, in my opinion. It's not a common view but I've always been able to discover aspects of myself by dislikes, and what I am not.

LaVeyan Satanism is supposedly the inspiration for a lot of the Sith ideals, especially when Bioware became involved. Bioware made so much of what we now consider "Sith" it's easy to forget that originally they were a lot more sorcerous entities.

I've been accused by my master of sounding like a Jedi sometimes, which tickles me somewhat.

I'm currently browsing the Great Jedi Holocron and doing the Institute for Jedi Realist Studies introductory course when I feel like it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #79392 by
I am not a LaVeyan Satanist, and I feel that in the time since his death, his message of the religious aspects of Satanism have been corrupted by many of the members. I don't think he would be proud of most Satanists of his branch today. However, the fundamentals are a not a bad idea, though my own beliefs favor a far darker bent.

However, as some of these responses show, prejudice and ignorance breed contempt, and Lightsiders and Left Hand Path washouts will never truly support you. Silence and secretiveness will serve you far better, keeping the divulged details to a bare minimum.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 5 months ago #79442 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: LaVeyan Jedi
I've studied the laveyan satanic bible myself...much of it makes what I see as common sense...they recognise base human behavior and they endorse meeting carnal pleasure...for those of darker more primal views it's very alluring...and it exhibits the "live in the now" mentality...as for me I prefer to find the balance...refined enjoyment of the now...leave some fun for tomorrow...after all if you rush to enjoy everything today and tomorrow actually does come for you what will you do for fun then?...I like variety....the same thing doesn't stay fun for long

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #82228 by
I was a Satanist for the past 15 years. The philosophy and spiritual side of the LHP were an inspiration for me and gave me great pleasure in my life, until I realized in the long term it was counterproductive. I can only speak for myself but embracing darkness on a daily basis and using it has an adverse effect on the mind over time. I found my way here because this is the exact opposite of what I practiced, I didn't have a problem with the systems I had a problem with how I practiced them. I seen the world as dark and cruel and I believed that in order to protect myself I had to be even more dark, even more intelligent than it was.

I may be new to the light, and I have much to learn, many lessons, however darkness is something I am quite familiar with. In this person's opinion there is no such thing as a Laveyan Jedi, there is no balance between them. You can't be both. I'm speaking from both a spiritual and a philosophical sense. Satanism is the embodiment of ego, of self will of passion, of manipulation to gain advantage by any means without dire consequence. There is no way to combine this with "there is no emotion there is peace". In my mind to combine both is not only disingenuous but also greed, which is darkness. There is nothing remotely Satanic about Jedi either, so a Satanist emulating Jedi makes for a pretty pathetic Satanist (speaking as a former practicener of the LHP). A Jedi aspiring to Satanic philosophy is lost to the light.

Greetings everybody, I'm new and I didn't plan on posting yet just lurking and reading but this topic drew me like a moth to a flame.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi